| 08 |

To young hearts

To young hearts

Keep beating,

Keep breaking,

Keep falling in love

Later that day, you wondered why Beomgyu came walking down the hallway with drenched hair without a care in the world. His clothes were already dry but the droplets of water falling on the tips of his hair fell elegantly to the floor.

"What happened to you?" You came asking, rushing to his side and trying to match his steps that started to speed up.

He didn't answer you and continued walking, your breath hitches when everything suddenly turned dark for a couple of seconds when he looked back at you with his head tilted to the side. His eyes slowly moved down to your neck and then down to your collarbone where he saw your necklace twinkling from the sunlight shining through the windows.

Your eyebrows furrowed down in question from how he was acting right now, acting like you did something wrong or worse as he continued his stone-cold demeanor with a turn of his body, his back facing you and his thick black velvet clothing accompanying his strides with power.

"Did I do something wrong?" You blurted out innocently like a little kid with sparkling eyes begging for attention.

"Your mother's searching for you" That was all he said, ignoring your question once again.

And the fact that he wasn't even looking at you swayed your emotions a little bit. He is indeed good at pushing someone away. It's like his hidden talent though it has its cons.

"But-"

"Can you just stop? It's vexing me that you always try to talk to me even though I don't have an interest in talking back. You're just forcing me to give you a response at this point rather than asking" Beomgyu spoke through gritted teeth with a heavy frown resting on his face when he looked into your eyes. The anger and annoyance he felt earlier came coming back as it hammered his mind and soul, but a small amount of sadness was leaking through it when he saw the light fade away from your eyes.

Breath hitching and eyes shaking in dejection, you nodded your head slowly in answer to his sharp remark. "Alright," you replied and showed him a small smile.

"And if I did something wrong... I'm sorry. I hope that whatever it is that you're feeling now toward me, whether it is good or bad, I hope it'll pass for I can't stand to have a disagreement or a simple misunderstanding with anybody... especially to you" You finished and started turning your heels to walk away with heavy steps to be with your mother. You emphasized the last part to him because you don't want any stray thoughts floating around his mind just because he's the God of Death and you're the Goddess of Life.