| 03 |

The coldness of the metal door knobs settled in your hands from your grip around them for too long

The coldness of the metal door knobs settled in your hands from your grip around them for too long. You excused yourself from Hueningkai and Yeonjun because you saw Beomgyu enter the library, but why do you want to back out now? You wanted to be his friend, not believing the rumors after knowing the real reason for his cold demeanor that he got at such a young age. But why must you feel like you're only putting yourself in unknown danger? Death is what you're talking about right now, one snap of his fingers if you annoyed him, he might kill you.

Letting out a heavy sigh after you gathered yourself together whilst swallowing down the lump in your throat, you opened the double doors of the castle's library. An array of books from all kinds and sizes welcomed you, truly one of your favorite places being inside the castles walls.

The way your heels clicked down the marbled floors as the sound of it bounced off the big room proved that you're really inside the library due to the silence.

"M'lady, are you here to read the usual?" One maid greeted you, bowing her head as a show of respect when you noticed her presence coming closer.

"No, I'm just here to look around" You quietly responded back, letting out a soft laugh afterwards knowing what she's talking about by the "usual".

You'll always read the same book over and over again for three days straight, a genre of romance to be exact and she would always find you smiling whilst reading it as you sat at the chair beside the window with the sun kissing your skin.

"If you say so. And I would like to say that a new batch of books just came in earlier this morning!"

"Really?" A huge wave of happiness rushed through you after hearing the new information, now your brain is itching to start reading a new book.

"Yes m'lady, would you like me to show you?-" The maid stopped herself from talking when you waved her farewell as you disappeared around the tall shelves, going to the very back of the library to take a quick look at the new arrivals. Big stacks of books were still on the floor, a new empty shelf in display with the first two of them already occupied with rows of hardwood covered books.

Most of them were history books, fantasy, action and lastly horror genres, not your usual go to.

Pouting, you turned your back at the shelf to be greeted with the one that used to face your back, your favorite row inside the library. Romance genre of books.

Already feeling the butterflies taking over your stomach just by imagining the heart warming scenes of words inside those books. Sure there are other stories that filled the satisfaction of others but the one at the very top locked you in securely.