| 11 |

Being in the same room as him surely made your eyes alert for you were cautious of what you'll say or do

Being in the same room as him surely made your eyes alert for you were cautious of what you'll say or do. But as for Beomgyu, he remained quiet and still, having his façade stoic through the visible comfort he developed with you.

"Thank you for reading that, your voice is beautiful..." You started, voice light and soft for his ears to take. You were amazed by his emotions.

And then so suddenly he turned to look at you, his eyes catching yours as you swallowed down the lump in your throat when he leaned closer.

From the setting, the two of you are in, it might as well be written by the finest authors and get painted by the adored artist; A dawn.

You quietly watched his eyes travel all across your face as if he was looking for answers to his questions before muttering a deep curse.

"Fuck..." That was all you heard before he pulled himself back and walked away. Leaving you alone in your heart-shaken state.

Confused, you touched your lips where his eyes were on the entire time.
———
Lunch came and all of you are now present in the dining room and around the long table filled with foods of any kind and wines from every category. Slowly, you looked up from your plate in wishes that you'll see Beomgyu who randomly made his exit earlier at the library.

And to your heart's content, he's here.

Beomgyu was occupied with the red wine on his goblet, gracefully swirling it around the cup as he stared at his plate. He had a subtle frown covering his face when he felt your eyes staring at him and so, he looked up, his heavy gaze catching you across the table.

Everything around you seemed to be blurry and muffled as your scrutiny was only drawn to the man sitting across from you with his eyes blinking slowly now and then. You felt as if it was only the two of you inside this secluded huge room with sparkling chandeliers and golden furniture as your companion.

Beomgyu kept eye contact that shouted tension, longing, and intimacy that soon vanished when he turned his head to the side, focusing on Taehyun who started talking to him.

You breathed out a sigh and drifted your focus to your plate, cutting, and stabbing the meat as you fed yourself fully. Hearing your father clicking his glass with a fork for it caught all of your attention, you curiously looked up at him when he stood up, a smile decorating his bearded lip.

"I am very delighted to remind everyone in here that my daughter's birthday is coming closer as the day goes by! We are very happy to have all of the gods residing in our walls to wait. Make sure to have your days free for my little girl to step up to the circle of duty! For she will be our Goddess of Life!"

They all clapped their hands after hearing the speech, and a small smile was starting to rise to your lips though it stopped when you watched your father turn his attention to Beomgyu.