| 04 |

"Why would he leave this book with me? It looks so

"Why would he leave this book with me? It looks so... deadly" You hugged the nearest pillow close to you, all of the lights inside your room are now turned off but the moonlight gave enough for you to see the book that Beomgyu was reading earlier with you.

The hardcovered front design faced you, its title meeting your eyes for it to send shivers down your spine along with the red glow that's coming from the bookmark that he left, you can't imagine how Beomgyu could read this book with a straight face earlier upon reading the description at the back that death is common from its chapters.

"He's the God of Death! of course, he's not even scared to read it!" Grabbing the book from your nightstand, your fingers gently touching the well-decorated book that seemed to catch the interest of a god.

"Ah!"

Shocked from the sudden feeling that came from the book when you touched it just mere seconds ago, you looked down at it from your bed and saw some red small flashes of lightning zapping rapidly around the book.

He put some of his mana inside?!

"Maybe he doesn't want me to open it anymore??" You guessed.

Biting down your bottom lip, you slipped off from the thick blankets of your bed to kneel and pick the book up, eyes glowing with lively power that you managed to gather, you slowly removed Beomgyu's mana around it. A small smile formed on your lips from the success of doing so, and just then you heard a deep melancholy voice whisper in both of your ears, from the moment the red small flashes of lighting disappeared into thin air as your power cleansed the book.

"The beauty of light owes its existence to the dark"

It's his voice.

You were startled for a quick moment, is this supposed to scare you? But so, you were amazed by his knowledge to control his powers to leave messages even if he's not there. You took note that you'll ask him to teach you how to control your powers someday and count that as the first step of getting close to him and you prayed yourself to sleep that he won't push you away.
____
Pulling the doors wide open first thing in the morning and running down the hallway with the book caged in your embrace, startling some maids that were cleaning and some guards that were patrolling the castle grounds.

You stopped when you're now standing right in front of Beomgyu's bedroom door, hands forming in a closed fist to knock him awake but you stopped midway when one of the maids saw you.

"Are you looking for our lord Beomgyu? Well, our Goddess of Life, he's currently having a morning stroll outside the garden for one of us saw him there earlier" She lowered her head as a show of respect to you being her goddess, you smiled and gave her a soft nod in return before walking away.

You stopped when your eyes did land on him outside the garden walking alone with the sound of birds following his lead, he had both of his hands behind his back as he took small steps with his head hung low for his cloak to sway back and forth.