seriya?

Clutching his hands together , he was restlessly walking on the not - so - crowded corridor of the hospital outside the labour room.

He sat down on the chair of the waiting lounge and rubbed his palms together in anxiety. He noticed the elders' of his family in the same state.

Not able to bear the silence, he went out from the corridor to fetch himself some water and heaved a long breath.

"Onnum aagadhu". He told himself and walked back to the over tensed area.

A huge grin adorned his face , when he heard loud crying sounds of a baby , inside the labour room. The people around him seemed visibly relaxed.

"It's a baby girl". The nurse announced.

There came a bubbly , joyous bundle wrapped in a pink baby cloth.

The nurse handed over the baby to him. He carefully held her in his arms and looked at the baby. Her closed eyes, mildly parted lips and apple cheeks melted his heart , as each second passed.

He gave his little finger to the baby, where the sleeping baby clutched on to his pinky finger , with a small smile.

Tears formed in his eyes, as the seven year old Ashwin kissed the forehead of his Athai ponnu.

~

Five years later

"Avlodhan.. ready aayachu" Sivaangi's mom said as she kissed her daughter's cheeks on her fifth birthday.

Sivaangi: Amma... Mama varuma???

Mom: Kandippa... Ne solli varama irupara un mama???

Sivaangi closed her mouth with her hands and giggled.

To Sivaangi, it was Ashwin who was her mom. He took care of her from the moment she held his pinky finger, when she was born. Ashwin always said how surreal the moment was when he carried her for the very first time. From that day she held on to his pinky finger , giving him a pinky promise of assurance to held on to him, no matter what.

She saw Ashwin carrying a huge teddy bear in his arms, which covered almost of his height. Sivaangi's happy grinning face, turned to a frown within seconds.

She ran to him and pulled the teddy bear away from his arms and glared him.

Ashwin: Ma... Adhu unnoda gift. He sounded so warm and calm.

Sivaangi raised his arms to him , asking him to lift her up. Ashwin bent down and took her in his arms.

Sivaangi smiled as she happily wrapped her arms around his shoulders and he carried her for a long time.

She was unable to express or more to say she felt sad and angry when she saw anyone with him , other than her. Be it a teddy bear or a person.

Sivaangi turned Ashwin's face towards her, by placing her bare palms on his cheeks, still in his arms.

Ashwin: Enna ma???

Sivaangi: You are mine.. seriya?

Ashwin smiled as he kissed her forehead which is his way of assurance to held on to her, no matter what.

~

Sivaangi: Ashwineyy unna dhan kekren..

Ashwin: Maa... Na onnume panla ma. He whined like a baby who got caught to his mother.

Sivaangi: Enga andha letter uh kudu. She demanded.

Ashwin handed over to her with a sigh.

Ashwin: Ayee rowdy... Nee nenaikra maari ile d.. andha ponnuku enne pudichurkaam.. adha enkita solla bayandhu ava friend kite solli letter kuduthu vitrukka.

Sivaangi read out the letter , still with a frown and a pout.

Ashwin: Oye.. He called her , but she remained uninterested.

He pulled her towards him, making her sit on his lap.

Ashwin: Enna paaru..

He held her face and made her turn , by placing his bare palms on her cheeks, same as she did fifteen years ago.

Ashwin: Enakku unne thavara yaarum pudikadhu ma..

Sivaangi fiddled with his shirt buttons and looked into his eyes.

Sivaangi: You are mine.. seriya?

Ashwin smiled as he kissed her forehead again giving her a promise as always.

~

Sivaangi: Ashwineyy.. I'm so nervous. She held onto his pinky finger.

Ashwin: Sivaangi.. nee enne nambura le? We can do this.. Na irupen ma unkooda.. idhu veraikum night elam un nenapule thaniya paduthu thoonguven.. aana inimel unkooda Namma bedroom le.

He said this only to receive a smack from her on his head.

Sivaangi: Kalyanam stage le pesra maariya pesra nee?

Ashwin: Epdiyum kalayanathuku aprm natural uh nadakradhu dhana? He shrugged.

Sivaangi: Ashooo... Ashwineyy.. konjam neram summa iru.

Ashwin stopped sensing her turning into a deeper shade of red , than her bridal saree.

He took the nupital chain and tied around her neck, giving an assurance to the new phase of their life.

Ashwin was aimlessly scrolling his phone, while she was too shy to approach him. Sivaangi was about to call him too busy to not even look at her.

She pulled his phone and threw away and sat on his laps, taking his arms around her waist. Deep down she felt his hands were supposed to hold only her.

Sivaangi: You are mine.. seriya?

Ashwin smiled and kissed her forehead which was his usual reply.

~

"Paaaaa", little Sivash jumped onto his father's chest, making him wake up from his deep slumber.

He pushed his mom and dad and lied inbetween them and hugged his dad.

Sivaangi woke up as she missed his warmth and saw Ashwin's hand tightly wrapped around their son.

Her eyebrows frowned and an automatic pout appeared as she looked at him sleeping peacefully.

She carefully took the sleeping Sivash and placed him beside her and scrawled into his arms.

Sivaangi: You are mine.. seriya?
She whispered to the sleeping Ashwin.

Ashwin pulled her closer and his lips landed on her forehead , keeping up his promise.

~

Sivaangi: Ashwineyy... Paathu porumai.

Sivaangi rushed to him and held his hands. Ashwin swiftly removed all his fingers except his pinky finger.

Sivaangi smiled knowingly as she knew what was coming on the way.

Ashwin: Ipovum en kannuku apdiye iruka ma... Adhey enaku matumaana edible cheeks, indha apple eyes, adhey lips, ennoda indha pinky finger uh pudikra indha kutty kai.

Sivaangi: Oru dhadava unga kaiya nambi pudichen.. vitramaaten Ashwineyy.

Aprm oru vishayam.. Naanum neengalum inum apdiye ile.. ungaluku ipo 75 aagudhu. Remember that.

Ashwin: Enaku ne ipovum andha pink cloth le en kai ku vandha adhey kozhandha dhan ma.

Sivaangi: Ayoo seri... Podhum podhum.. vidunga kozhandhai nga vandhuduvanga ipo. Avangala poi hug panlam vaanga.

Ashwin: You are mine.. seriya?

It was now Sivaangi's chance to give him a forehead kiss of assurance.

It is their kind of promises, Sivaangi holding his pinky finger and Ashwin's forehead kiss remained in the book of love for an eternity 💕.

------------------

Edho try pannirken🙊🙈.

Pudichurkum nu namburen😁🐒.

Do vote and comment 🥰.