Chapter 3: Now We Begin

Jorden's P.O.V.

Daniel, Max, and I were walking through the streets of Obelia, our enemy country. Our one and only task here is to capture Anastasius and bring him back to Imperium where he is trapped until we finish the war. We only got a memory and protection from Ambrose to help us find him, and we have yet to locate him. 

'Ambrose did say not to underestimate him.' I thought while looking at each passerby with some form of hatred. 'It's a good thing we all agreed to spear the children, well at least the ones that don't know how to fight back or just too young to not know what's going on. 

"Jorden, I know where he may be at?" Daniel said, probably using his sight to find him. 

"Then led the way, Daniel." I said and Daniel headed towards the opposite direction we were going, and Max and I followed. "Remember what needs to be done, Max."

"Yes, I know, I have everything that I need to get what needs to be done," Max said with a small smile.

'Of course, we don't want that dark spirit getting away either,' I thought thinking about all the things that dark spirit may have done with Anastasius's help. 'Especially, since Ambrose wishes to make the dark spirit suffer as well.'

Daniel led us outside of a store far from the main street and told us to wait and make it look like we are lost. We just talked about our plan, and how we needed to accomplish it. Until man that fit Ambrose's description and memory crystal came out of the store and headed straight to us. 

"My, my, are you kids lost?" Anastasius asked once he was directly in front of us. 

"Excuse you, but we are not kids," I said pretending to throw a tantrum. "I'm twenty, Max happens to be twenty-one, the younger one is Daniel, but he is eighteen."

"Haha, but you guys do act like kids with that tantrum." He laughed at us. "Now let me repeat my question, are you three lost?"

"Yes, sorry, for my friend's tantrum," Max said playing along. "You see we happen to be merchants that were given orders to pick up some goods in Obelia Empire, but we can't seem to find our contact here to show us where the orders are at."

"Hmm, may I have the name of the contact?" He said totally acting, and we pretended to look at the paper that Ambrose gave us, but it wasn't needed for Daniel to save us.

"The contact's name is Ronald Markson," Daniel said, and I almost breathed a sigh of relief. "I remember because I read the letter before we left, and since I'm a newbie in the merchant business I don't want to be a liability." 

"Understandable." He said indifferently, before using his hands to show us where to go. "Good old Ronald, he should be around that corner through that ally and towards the docks. Do you need me to guide you three?"

"Yes, please," I said ignoring the hit towards my sense of direction and watching him nod his head and had us follow him towards the ally where we will put our plan to play. 

"Say, you three travel a lot?" Anastasius asked slightly looking back towards them. 

"Yes, we went to the new empire," Daniel said getting his interest. "It is pretty amazing, and hard to believe it was rebuilt in the span of half a year."

Whilst Daniel was distracting him with the information that Anastasius may have wanted, Max and I got ready with the trap. Daniel talked to him, keeping him from knowing what they were doing, and told him all kinds of things. When we were about done, Daniel mentioned Ambrose, making Anastasius look even more interested.

'It seems like the former Emperor of Obelia wanted the information about the Emperor of Imperium.' I thought somewhat fearful. 'I hope he's not onto our plan.'