Chapter 8: Battlefield Pt. 1

~Two weeks later ~

King Issac's P.O.V.

Ambrose and his army have already arrived for battle and there is no way in hell am I going to sit down and watch. Arlanta is already being prepared to meet with Ambrose at the borderline to fight Obelia. 

'Ambrose, I really do hope you avenge your mother and sister,' I thought looking out the window where Ambrose is giving his speech to both his arm and my army. 'What am I thinking about? Ambrose already has the person who caused his mother's death in my dungeon, and I really want to go down there and torture him for her death and my grandchildren's misery.'

~Four days later~

Ambrose's P.O.V.

When a met with the Arlanta army with Prince Regulus leading them, and not long after we arrive at the border that separates Arlanta and Obelia. In front of us, we see the Obelian soldiers with Felix leading them, and both Regulus and I stood in front of them. I can see the look of confusion on Felix's face when he saw Arlanta soldiers in front of him on the enemy's side, and then I saw him drawing the white flag to negotiate.

"Are they surrendering?" A nearby soldier asked hopefully. 

"No." Another soldier, who fought wars and skirmishes before, said. "The white flag means different with how you hold it, and he is just holding it which means he wishes to talk and negotiate if possible."

I turned to Regulus and Amon, and the three of us went to speak to him. Once both sides met in the center, Felix looked directly towards me and saw my jeweled cerulean eyes, and widen his.

"I thought they were just rumors about you being the Emperor of Imperium, but it seems it is indeed true," Felix said normally like he never read the posters of the declaration of war. "Why are you doing this to your own empire, Ambrose?"

"That is Emperor Ambrose, and I stopped seeing Obelia as my empire when they turned their backs on my sister, Athanasia," I stated. "You of all people should know that you should always investigate thoroughly when a royal is almost assassinated, but it seems that your beloved Emperor became too ignorant to remember that."

"Am... Emperor Ambrose, all I can say is sorry," Felix said after fixing his mistake. "So please just call off the war, and we'll look for the true proprietor of the attempt assassination of Crown Princess Jennette."

"I already know who framed my sister, and that person is protected by the crown," I said coldly.

"Now, Emperor Ambrose, Crown Princess Jennette wouldn't frame you sister," Felix said trying hard to clear the lovely princess's name. "Crown Princess Jennette and Athanasia were good friends."

"But yet everyone accused Princess Athanasia of the attempt, and I wasn't talking about Jennette framing her, but her aunt Rosalia Margarita," I said making Felix's eyes go wide once more. "And don't say that it isn't possible, for I had my own investigator check out the evidence, and they found that the poisoned use was very little and came from the Judith lands, which from I was informed is Rosalia's maiden name. And I know for a fact that Jennette would throw a tantrum if Emperor Claude and yourself arrest her beloved aunt and throw her at feet to stop the war."

"Emperor Ambrose, please use the appropriate titles for Crown Princess Jennette," Felix said with grated teeth at the disrespect I showed to Obelia's lovely princess.

"Crown Princess? The crown is rightfully mine by right of the inheritance law, but it seems that Emperor Claude really is too far gone." I said with a laugh at the end. 

"That may be so, but you and your sister do not have the background of support behind," Felix said angrily. "So please stop this war and go back to the empire you created before it is destroyed, and the same applies to the Kingdoms of Arlanta and Siodonna."

"Hahaha, oh that is funny," Amon said laughing at Felix who was getting angry and embarrassed. "You say that Emperor Ambrose and Princess Athanasia does not have the background of support, but if your Emperor Claude actually read any of our letters to Diana, Emperor Ambrose, or even to Princess Athanasia you would find that is not true."

"What do you mean, Prince Amon de Siodonna?" Felix asked still angry and embarrassed at being laughed at.

"Why in those letters it indirectly states that Diana is the lost princess of Siodonna, the daughter of King Issac de Siodonna," Amon said smiling at Felix's now paling face. "My aunt, which means that my cousins, Emperor Ambrose and Princess Athanasia, do indeed of support."

"As for the King of Arlanta, we were slighted too many times by your lovely princess," Regulus said making Felix look deadly pale. "It may be indirectly in you Obelians eyes, but not in ours, and when we were told about Princess Athanasia being killed without so much of a proper investigation or fair trial we couldn't help but see that the Obelia Empire has grown ignorant and having two tyrants one after another, we joined hands with the new Empire of Imperium." 

"I think this is it of the negotiations that you've attempted, Sir Felix," I said making him flinch. "The war continues until Obelia is no more."

The three of us then left the center and back to our soldiers, and I informed them that I want Felix Roban captured alive and placed with our guest in the far back.