Chapter 6: A Dream of a Life that Never Happened

Ambrose's P.O.V.

~Dream~

As I was drifting in a void I could help but be aware of it, and then I saw a bright light. Crying was heard then I heard my name then Athy's, and I saw my mother holding two bundles and realized that it was me and Athy. It was like reliving a nightmare, but instead of my mom dying she lived, and then I saw Claude storming in and seeing my mom still breathing he looked happy and went over to her. 

"I'm sorry, Diana," Claude said before pulling my mom in his arm being careful of myself and my sister. "I was too upset when hearing of the possibility of you dying that I said cruel and hurtful things too, will you forgive me?"

'No, don't forgive him.' I thought gritting my teeth. 'He made Athy and I suffer when you did die.'

"I've already forgiven you, Claude." Diana (a.k.a. mom) said smiling weakly at him. "I knew how much lost already, and know that my death would have destroyed you. But my hope of you still accepting our children was still strong."

"I..." He trailed off after pulling away from her, making me glare at him for I know that he wouldn't. "What did you name them?"

"Our son is Ambrose and our daughter is Athanasia." Mom said like she knew why he trailed off like that. "I hope that is okay, for I wanted our proof of love has the meaning of immortal."

"That fine, since they are indeed proof of our love," Claude said smiling down at us. "Ambrose and Athanasia I hope you two can bring light and love to us both and live as your namesakes did."

'Asshole.' I thought watching him take my other into his arms like I was glass for a while before switching and holding Athy in his arms. I couldn't help but feel my heart wench at seeing it before I felt something slide down my cheeks, and realized I was crying. 'Is it possible that I still wanted something like this or is it because this is something that I wanted to experience all my life?'

I wasn't sure if my tears were for myself or my sister, but I do know that it has something to do with scenery and wondered this could have happened if it wasn't for Anastasius. 

Just like that, the scenery changed, and this time Athy and my other were playing in an unfamiliar field of flowers of different kinds. I then saw that we were still living at the palace, but Claude wasn't the emperor but Anastasius was there he was watching us play like we were his children.  Suddenly my other and Athy in the scene notice him and ran directly into his arms laughing, and he hugged us. 

"Anastasius, stop stealing my children from me." I turned to see Claude who had said that glaring at his brother.

"Ah, come on Claude," Anastasius said still hugging Athy and my other who were laughing at their father and uncle. "Can't I show my love to my nephew and niece, who I proclaimed as my heirs?"

"They are my children," Claude stated still glaring at his brother. 

"Oh please, you know of my traumatic love affair." The brother said looking sad and made Athy and my other self hug him in comfort and made me look carious at what he was talking about.

"And if it wasn't for me that dark spirit would have still had a hold over you, and Penelope would still have you under her spell," Claude replied with a dark look. "Penelope is still out there doing who knows what to cause chaos and problems for us."

That made Anastasius look down, and saw my other self and Athy looking at him in confusion. Instead of explaining it to them he let go of them and patted their heads.

"Ambrose, Athanasia!" Diana called out semi-running and semi-walking towards us, which made us run to her. "Ah, Anastasius, I thought you were busy with paperwork."