Chapter 9: Battlefield Pt. 2

Ambrose's P.O.V.

The battle started right after the three of us (Regulus, Amon, and myself) came back to the front lines, and had our archers let loose of their arrows towards the Obelia Empire army. Which they returned it, and it went back and forth just like I planned. 

'Any negations is to be treated inferior, once I and the other two get back to the front lines the archers start firing arrows at the enemy at least five times, then we go to the secret weapon that Max created and invented that he calls a gun. When the enemy army is down half of its men is when we attack, and we will only take Felix Roban alive and the rest to be killed if found still alive.' I thought through the plan that I discussed with my friends and cousin. 'I do not mind if Felix Roban winds injured or dismembered as long as he is alive to face vengeance.'

On the last two shooting of firing arrows, the archers were using flaming arrows that had a pouch of oil tied to them so the enemy or surroundings near the enemy to catch fire. After that, the secret weapon was brought out to the front and the soldiers when they got their courage and bearings back started charging towards, before the guns started firing at them and making quite a few of them start running back to escape the pinning death awaiting them. 

Just like I planned the enemy army was down halved and I made the signal to the shooters to stop and the rest to charge. The enemy soldiers that were still left standing and had not run off, restarted the charging at us until we clashed. I killed more than two dozen enemy soldiers trying to find Felix Roban, and when I saw a flash of red hair in the distance I started hacking my way over to him, all the while remembering that I want him alive. Any enemy soldiers that got in my way were slaughtered and I headed straight for him until our swords clashed against each other. 

"Please, Emperor Ambrose, give up." Felix pleaded once more. "We can work something out between the two empires."

"I rather see Obelia cease to exist," I said with a sneer. "That man, known as Emperor Claude, I stopped seeing him as my father since I was five. Only Athanasia held up hope for him to love and acknowledge her, so why should I work something out with someone who is too stubborn to see what he has?"

"Princess Jennette, do it for her," Felix said swinging his sword at me in different angles, and I dodged and blocked. "She's innocent in this grudge of yours."

"Like I said before Jennette is not my sister, and I'll never do anything for her at all," I said before seeing an opening that would cause injury on my part, but will still disarm Felix and take him, prisoner. "And you'll understand soon enough."

With that, I took the blade to my side making Felix look in shock as I disarmed him of his weapon when I grabbed it and kicked him away from it. I then walked over to him before stabbing both his thighs, then his shoulders, and leaving him bloody where he laid. I used my magic to shoot up into the air to inform my army to end the battle. 

The battle ended thirty minutes after, and the soldiers of Arlanta, Siodonna, and mine were searching for survivors and only killing the ones from the enemy side. I went back to Felix who was passed out from blood loss and used my magic once more to relieve him of any weapons he may have hidden on his person before sending his unconscious body where my uncle is held, prisoner. 

Unknown P.O.V. 

I heard about the war against Obelia Empire, and couldn't but be carious over who could be that hearing against them. I watched, hidden in plain view, seeing someone with the features of the Obelian royal family, ordering nearby soldiers to prepare for war. I then discovered that this person (this man) was in fact an Obelian royal before disowning himself and changing his name than calling a war on Obelia Empire. Pretty much this man, named Ambrose, wants revenge for his twin sister who executed on false evidence against her. 

'If I remember right the sister's name is Athanasia, who I met two years before her execution.' I thought remember a girl with blonde hair and jeweled eyes. 'I even saw that chimera who was prosing as the current Obelian emperor daughter, but she isn't for she filled to the brim with black magic, which mean this man, Ambrose is the rightful heir no matter what.'

I was amazed by Ambrose's leadership, and how he was able to disarm that red-headed man who was soo determined to get him to surrender. I then decided to make myself known to him to get the full story of what exactly happened, and see what kind of empire he'll lead in the future. I watched as he entered his private tent that he had set up after giving his orders to his men, and popped in to greet him. 

"Who are you?" Ambrose asked with his sword drawn in his right hand and his magic flaring in his left hand. "And how did you get in here?"

"My name is Lucas." I introduced myself. "And I used magic to pop in here if you didn't know anything about it that is."

AN: Here's Lucas.