Chapter 14: Home, Trials, & Sentence

Charolette's P.O.V.

I was informed that Ambrose won, and is on his way home with the prisoners. I had wondered what happened that made him change his plan of judging and punishing the Obelians in Obelia Empire, but whatever it is can wait until he comes.

'After all, I have some very important news for him.' I thought with my hand on my lower stomach. 

Ambrose's P.O.V.

I was going to do the judgment and punishment at Obelia Empire, but of course, the schedule got messed up due to trying to comprehend the nobles before they inform the now-former emperor of us defeating his army. As well as to prevent them from coming to the now-former imperial family's defense. I then thought of doing the judgment and punishment at Siodonna, but Uncle Jonah and my cousin, Amon said that grandfather would have to pass the judgment instead of me which I wanted to do. I decided to do so in Imperium Empire, and have my grandfather and King Andrew as fellow judges there. As well as, inviting other ruling nations, surrounding Obelia whether they are king, queen, or independent to the judgment of Obelian citizens who most would be set free, exiled, or executed. 

Whilst stopped in Siodonna to rest, the prisoners in Siodonna dungeons, and mocking Jennette about her horrible birthday, I had the pleasure of getting some revenge for that by placing an illusion on Jennette making her relive Athanasia's life over and overdoing her stay. Both Claude and Anastasius were covered in cuts and bruises from torture from grandfather and uncle, but also from themselves from what I was told by one of the guards who had to split them up to keep them from killing each other. 

When I finally returned home, I felt relieved and noticed that more than half of the ruling countries are already here, making me smile at whatever result it may lead to. When seeing Charolette standing there waiting I ran up to her and swung her around before placing her back to her feet.

"I missed you soo much, Ambrose." She said with her arms around my neck. "And I have some very special news for you."

"I missed you too, and that special news can wait until we are alone," I said smiling down at her with our foreheads touching. "After all, we were split for over a month now, and I wish to show you how much I missed and loved you."

We both heard a cough which resulted in us splitting and turned to see Nickalus, Jorden, and James looking at us before pointing towards the prisoners.

"Oh, right," I said blushing a little. "Take the prisoners to the dungeons, make sure they are given meals and shower options which would be heavily guarded to ensure they do not escape." 

The prisoners were escorted away, and I remembered Charolette's father and step-siblings. I ordered a nearby soldier into bringing Patrick O'Neil and his step-children; Margret and Charles to the meeting room. I then guided Charolette to the meeting room saying that she now has a chance to meet some people that she wished to meet for some words. After waiting for about fifteen minutes, Patrick and his step-children came inside and looked at Charolette with different emotions from happiness and relief (Patrick), sadness and regret (Charles), and anger and jealousy (Margret). The guards behind them kept them from getting close to her and made them sit down on the nearby chairs. 

"Father, Charles, and Margret," She said with disdain when saying, Margret. "It is great to see you three. Do you believe in those rumors that your second wife (AN: second wife's name is Amber) spread? Did you even attempt to look for me or just decided to let me rot in whatever possible hell that I may have endured if wasn't for my now-husband?" 

Charolette then turned towards me and asked me where Amber is, and her father answered for me by informing her that once he was told by Charles about what she did he banished her from his family and home, and was then sent into exile or be executed for accessory of slavery. I then informed them that she is being searched for and was recently found when our soldiers rested at Siodonna kingdom and that Amber is now resting with the other prisoners before their trial which will happen as soon as all guests and judges arrive. Charolette just nodded, before informing her family that she'll allow the judges to handle rather or not they are guilty.