Jennette's P.O.V

I was greatly happy that I was introduced as papa's daughter, even though he isn't really my father but my uncle. The debutant ball, that I'm currently attending is now mine instead of Athanasia's and Ambrose's beautillion, for everyone's attention is on me. I put on the facade of an innocent sheltered girl, who was kept hiding from her family until today. My facade brought a lot of nobles on my side, and that made me quite happy on the inside.

'All well, I deserve everything given to me since I'm the eldest of the imperial family.' I thought before looking over towards my half-siblings, but really cousins, and noticed Ambrose. 'However, he will be a problem, since he is the eldest male and thus the heir to the imperial throne.'

I decided to think about it later, for now I know need to have everyone's attention to stay on me. I took a brief look back to my cousins and saw they were gone and just brushed it off as I've won the attention of the nobles in attendance.

*Time-Skip*

A few days had passed before I realized that Ambrose had left Obelia Empire, and I thought in pity for I was going to try to get papa to have us get engaged even though it would be 'wrong' in the eyes of society for siblings to get married. However, when I researched the family tree I saw that the Imperial family did indeed have intermarriages a few times but it was with half-siblings, aunt/uncle, and first cousins.

'It seems that Ambrose and I could indeed have gotten married.' I thought smiling about what it would be like since it would be like that as a fairy tale. 'Too bad that he left, for I would have been able to be around him until he falls for me, but I guess I'll get engaged to Ijikeil instead.'

I even made sure to indirectly made fun of Athanasia at my tea parties to the other noble girls, and laughed inside as she just took it with that sullen look that she always wears. It was a pity indeed that I'm just using her to get used to the palace before I get rid of her permanently.

*Time-Skip*

Almost a year, I found out that my real father is still alive when he entered my room with magic, and we talked he said I shouldn't get rid of Athanasia until her eighteenth birthday. Father (Anastasius) had helped me use my mana, which I found out black as the abyss, when I asked he confessed that he created me with dark/black magic and that I need to learn how to control it before I'm found out and be destroyed. I was very angry but calmed down when he said that he'll try to transfer some of Athanasia's mana to me like a cloak on my real powers. 

'That explains why he said to wait until she eighteen.' I thought as I nibbled my thumbnail. 

"However, we need Ambrose to be alive." Anastasius (father) said looking put out about it. "For I can't help but give you the bad news."

"What is the bad news, father?" I asked already not liking it.

"Since you are artificially created," He said while gritting his teeth. "Which I just found out recently, you can not have children, and thus would need Ambrose to ensure the bloodline is carried on."

"What?!" I said almost yelling until his hand covered my mouth quite forcibly.

"Keep it down, or else." He said before taking his hand away. "And yes I know how you feel, and I made an agreement with him at your debutant that I'll not bring harm to him or his sister, but I really don't care if I do."

For the rest of the day, we talked and started helping me to control my dark/black mana. He had disappeared briefly during the night so I could get ready for bed, and came back with a small orb and told me that it is Athanasia's mana before putting it in me which was painful since it was light mana. 

*Time-Skip*

~Two years later~

Everything was going smoothly I learned everything that I can about running the palace from Athanasia, and sometimes don't act like it around papa (Claude). Father (Anastasius) finished helping me on controlling my dark/black mana and told me to start using it on papa to get him started to get ill. I told him that I was concerned that I'll be found out if I did, but father assured me that papa won't for he had used black magic to forget Ambrose's and Athanasia's commoner mother.