Anastasius's P.O.V.

'Aeternitas speaking'

~~~~~~~~

I allowed Aeternitas at the age of thirteen to possess me when he promised me power, which I took when my mother (Audrey de Alger Obelia), the Empress of Obelia, started to pressure me to do better than my brother, Claude, who is now eleven. The real reason was so I can protect my dear little brother, but after allowing Aeternitas control over my body every now and then I notice the distance between Claude and me. When I tried to question him about it, he said that it was the only way to protect, which made me believe him. That was until Claude and I had an argument.

*Flashback*

Seeing Claude by himself walking around the gardens of Ruby Palace, I went ran over to him placing my hand on his shoulder, and noticed him flinching before glaring at me

"Claude, how about we go on a little adventure in the city?" I asked giving him a wide smile and ignoring the glare. "Like we did when we were younger."

"Leave me alone." He said smacking my hand away from him. "Did you come here to torment me more? Are you planning to trick me to get rid of me as promised?

The questions made rile back in shock with horror and confusion.

"Claude, what are you talking about?" I asked feeling panicked about what he said. "You are my brother, why would I do such a thing?"

"Tch, of course, you would say something like that." He said looking angry at me. "I want nothing to do with you or the empress, but it seems like you both see me as a threat that needs to be gotten rid of."

"Claude, stop with this nonsense," I said upset that he believes such a thing. "I don't want to get rid of you, please believe me."

"Why should I believe you when you told me to get out of your way or else you will have me killed." He said making me pale at the words. " Stop bothering me or else you will regret it, my prince."

I couldn't say another word and watched him turn away and leave me standing in the Ruby Palace gardens. I felt a mixture of emotions: sadness, rejection, betrayal, and hurt. 

'It seems like, young Claude wants what is yours.' Aeternitas's voice resonated in my head. 'How else would he believe that you want to get rid of him?'

'You?' I questioned him. 'Did you do something to Claude that made him this way? Did you use my body and say those words to him?'

'Now, why would I do something like that?' Aeternitas said questionily. 'I would be going against your wish in protecting him, but it seems like he made it all up so he can take the throne because he has more power than you. As well as that fact he is starting to get nobles on his side to take the throne at that as well, think about it. He has Felix Roban, Duke Roban's son at his side almost every day and hour, and he also has a brothel with a count's daughter that your father the emperor set up. Where is your brothel agreement? Do you even have one? The current emperor it seems also want's Claude to inherit the throne instead of you.'

Aeternitas's words do sound true, especially with the backing that his little brother was getting from the nobles and father. As well as the brothel agreement, which I know I do not have one and that started making me wonder if our father really is planning on disposing of me, and that thought made me feel scared and hurt.

'I really do need to get rid of Claude then.' I thought laughing, not even caring if someone was watching me. 'Your right, ancestor, Claude is indeed after my birthright.'

'How are you going get rid of him with your lack of power my dear descendant?' He asked smiling at me from my own mind.

'First I'll make sure he starts losing all who he holds dear, then start working to find a way to gain more mana power.' I thought back to the plan, which Aeternita's agreed to by nodding his head.