Chapter 13: The Final Battle & Aftermath

(AN: I can't find a song/music that will fit with this chapter, so I chose this one instead.)

Ambrose's P.O.V.

I had already made sure that everyone remembers to only kill those that hold a weapon with an intention of fighting and to leave the ones who surrender alone. I didn't care if they kill the ones who just dropped their weapons when seeing that they are losing, as long as they are handled right away. I also had made the mages start firing explosive spells toward the city to not only draw out their mages but also the emperor. My army and I are already through the gates attacking anyone who has a weapon in hand, and I rode towards the palace as fast as I could cut down any soldiers that got in my way. 

'Jorden, I hope you have a plan to keep that chimera from leaving the country.' I thought as I just finished cutting down some soldiers guarding the gate to the palace and got off of my horse and started speed walking towards the Garnet Palace where the emperor lives.  'After all, it tempers my plans for her if she gets away, but I would still hold hope to get a hold of her before that even happens anyways.'

I bearly got to the palace when I felt a very familiar presence heading out in full rage and knew that my dear father is finally taking matters into his own hands. 

"It is about time you came, old man," I said loud enough for him to hear. "After all, I'm here to go fully go through with my threat almost a year ago when you killed my only sister."

"You have some nerve to return to Obelia, boy," Claude said with an angry, uncontrolled bloodthirst look while walking toward me. "I should have killed you when I had the chance."

"But the thing is your chance was when I and Athanasia were newborns in case you've forgotten, old man," I said to bait him more that could give me an advantage. "I took out your favorite guard, Felix Roban, who is at the moment injured and imprisoned just so you also know."

Claude kept walking toward him with murderous intent, and I kept my guard and sword up. I kept on taunting him by calling him an idiot fool who has love issues. Right, when he was five feet away he summoned a sword to himself and lounged an attack against me. I blocked it and held my ground, before returning an attack against him. 

"You're rusty, old man," I said smirking. "Did you not train after taking the throne?"

We kept fighting and destroyed most of the palace. I even noticed how he was getting weaker and weaker, and knew that the black magic that he used and the black magic that is affecting him was taking its toll on him. I could have ended it anytime, but I wanted to destroy his pride by defeating him, so I kept attacking him and not letting him attack me after that. When I pushed him so far away from when I attacked him, he practically fell to his knees holding onto his sword.

"Do you want to know why your soo weak at the moment?" I asked smiling.

"Why?" He asked wheezing. 

"It's because you used black magic and are being affected by black magic this whole time," I said looking down at him. "Why did you use black magic on yourself? Do you even know who was using black magic on you?"

"What do you mean?" Claude said severely exhausted and unable to stand. "I never used black magic on myself and what do you mean someone's been using black magic on me?"

"So you forgot, just how you forgot my mother, Athanasia, and myself," I said glaring at him. "You used black magic to forget the pain of losing my mother, Diana, which side affected you forgetting Athanasia and I being your children."

"Who the hell is Diana? I never seen you or your sister as my children, Jennette is my only child." Claude claimed angrily. "I bet it was you who used black magic on me."

"Hmm, how stupid of you?" I said speed walking towards him. "But, oh well, I've never really seen you as my father after my fifth birthday. As for who used black magic on you, you will find out soon enough."

I knocked him out as soon as I reached him and looked towards the destroyed palace and courtyard, and saw Jorden (in Imperium armor) heading my way with a large sack and figured it must be Jennette.

"Emperor Ambrose, I captured Princess Jennette," Jorden said smiling. "It wasn't so difficult either since this foolish girl believed I was on her side when I disguised myself as an Imperium knight that just killed her maids and made it look like they were traitors to her."

"That really is foolish," I said somewhat dumbfounded. "Did she even look at your armor to see that you're not an Obelian knight?"

"Oh she did but like I said she thought those maids of hers were traitors and I was saving her." He said sounding disappointed. "Now that you've captured that Emperor of Obelia, can we go now?"

"Yes," I said using my mana to carry Claude back to the base on the hill overlooking the soon-to-be Obelia Empire.

*Time-Skip*

When we got up onto the hilltop and saw all of the prisoners, we were able to capture and take prisoners. I placed a similar collar that is on Anastasius on Claude and Jennette to keep them from using any black magic and any magic at all. I then had all the prisoners face towards Obelia palace and city stand which was somewhat burning, before waking up Claude Jennette, who both looked around in surprise and started screaming for us to let them go.

"Shut it, both of you," I said to them making them shut up for once. "I have something for you both to see, the same for the rest of the prisoners to watch as well."

"What is it?" Claude asked and Jennette glared at me. 

"You'll find out," I said smirking before turning towards the burning city and palace. 

I rose both my hands up high and started thinking of a giant flaming ball above Obelia, and watched the flames rise upwards and start to form into that giant flaming ball. Once it got big enough,  I rose my hands higher before throwing them both down making the giant flaming ball fall onto the city and palace destroying them until there was nothing more than a crater. I turned towards the prisoners, who had tears going down their faces and blank looks in their eyes.

"Now there is no Obelia Empire, which means no Obelia Imperial family," I said looking straight to Claude and Jennette who looked very lost and surprised. "Let's get the prisoners to Imperium Empire, where judgment will take place on them."

I had Nickalus and Jorden take Claude and Jennette to their cellmates, and they smiled knowingly. I followed them closely behind them and watched in amusement when Claude's eyes went wide in shock when seeing his older brother in the caged wagon with Felix Roban.

"Have a great family reunion father, uncle, and cousin," I said smirking when Claude's wide shocked eyes turned into terror at my words. "Yes, dear father, uncle here is Jennette's real father and the reason for your misery."

I left without hearing a word from them when they were thrown inside the caged wagon, for their family reunion, which I will not attend to.

I went to find Max and asked him if the Alpheus, Margarita, and Judith houses are also part of the prisoners. I found that we do indeed have the three houses as part of our prisoners, and how they put up a good fight when the soldiers who got ahold of them. 

"It was more Ijekiel Alpheus who gives us the hard time when arresting them," Max explained while pointing towards his wounded shoulder and several soldiers behind him. "It was defiantly a good thing that I invented those collars that take away any type of ability and mana use isn't it? For it helped make Ijekiel not use any magic, but then again he doesn't really have any, to begin with. He, however, does have the ability to teleport which he only used to try to save his family and help with his swordsmanship, but what gets me is him not leaving to inform the former imperial family about us?"

"Pride, I'm guessing," I said thinking, but not really caring since Ijekiel was caught and his abilities restrained. "And possibly greed in making it look like he is a hero that stopped an invasion from another Empire."

"Possible," Max said before excusing himself to look for someone to heal the soldiers and himself.  

'Soon, Athanasia,' I thought when was alone and steered at the crater. 'I will fully avenge you, mother, and myself.'