Chapter 12: Obelia

Ambrose's P.O.V.

It took us almost another week to contain the nobles in the outskirts of the Obelia Empire, and place them in another place to keep them from informing the emperor about us the enemy invading the empire. I had to split the army into fourteen groups to get ahold of the nobles in the outskirts, and since most of them were killed in battle it was all too difficult, or else it would have taken more than a week or two to gather them all. We are now heading towards Obelia city, and I sent a message to Jorden that we are on our way and would attack right away. He sent a message back informing me that he almost was caught, but due to his disguise, he passed it off as a love message and that I owe him from the embarrassment of being teased by the other maids. 

'It was a good thing that I used a coded message that sounds like a love letter,' I thought while hiding a blush but failing to cause some to send me a teasing smile. 'I really owe him for the embarrassment since I am to feel that embarrassment, even though the others have yet to understand why I'm blushing.'

One such noble that we've captured was Charolette's father and step-siblings, however, her step-mother was nowhere in sight. 

"Where is your second wife?" I asked Charolette's father, who was tied up along with his step-children. 

"She was arrested two years ago after my step-son inform me of her crimes." He said with his head down in shame. "One such crime is selling my biological daughter to slavers."

"I see," I said staring down at him and Charolette's step-siblings. "I do hope she's been executed for cohabitating with slavers."

"She was exiled instead." He said gritting his teeth. 

"Do you know who I am?" I asked.

"You are the former crown prince of Obelia who turned his back on his empire, Ambrose de Alger Obelia, who now calls himself Ambrose de Atlas Imperium." He said. "That is what the emperor of Obelia claims that is."

"Hmm, I'm also Charolette's husband," I said making him snap his head up quickly with a surprising look on his face, as well as Charolette's step-siblings. "I'll give you a short version of how; I saved her and others from the slavers that your second wife sold her to and we traveled for a bit, and then created Imperium Empire together."

"Is she here? Can I speak to her?" He asked desperately.

"You will in due time, but not until after Obelia Empire falls," I told him before motioning one of the soldiers to take him to the other captured nobles, who are probably looking in surprise at seeing Anastasius being alive and are unable to ask how due to silencing spells placed on them all.

Once we took care of all the nobles, the ones that are residing in the Empire itself will be handled once we arrive. At the moment we are behind schedule, for we wanted to arrive a week before the wedding, but now we are about three days behind. 

*Time-Skip*

We finally made it to Obelia City, I made the signal to inform the rest of the army to charge, and when the guards guarding the gate saw us, I smirked at the prospect of the final battle. After all, I still need to capture the emperor and force them all to watch Obelia Empire burn down to the ground. I visualized Obelia burning and collapsing, as well as planning on how I wanted to torture my father, uncle, cousin, and Felix for what they have done to my sister, Lily, and myself.