Ep. 7 I did it

!! Warning!! Details from ongoing surgery!

Next day...

As I woke up I was shocked because of the time. I had to leave my bed as soon as possible because I had a lot to do. I quickly washed up, dressed up, took my stuff, and headed downstairs. The ZGDX team was already practicing for the next game, but Ming still saw me. I took my white sneakers from the closet and when I was done putting them on I was about to go out, but Ming caught me by my wrist stopping me.

"Where are you going? Why are you in a rush?" He asked.

" Ming, let go of me. I'm going to be late. I have to go to the hospital. Don't wait for me. " I said and when he let go of my wrist I opened the door to go out.

" Good luck, Vivi. Stay safe! " I heard his last words when I shut the door and got into my white Renge Rover car.

The whole ride I was nervous. It was always hard for me to get along with new people and the workplace. Before attending the university I was a "grey mouse", so I didn't have a chance to practice talking to people.

Still thinking I parked my car and went into the hospital. People already were nice opposite from the people who I worked with back in California. The second-year resident showed me my office. When I went inside it was warm. Light colors filled the room, there was a table near the window and a lot of books near every wall. The plant near the door was my favorite thing. It wasn't that small not to catch my attention it was a beautiful little tree with a lot of green leaves.

" Dr. Adams! " the same resident entered my office in a rush.

" Yes? " I looked at him with a smile.

" Dr. Lu wants you in a very complicated surgery. " He said with heavy breathing.

" Ok. I'll go change it then. "

My job wasn't easy. Being a surgeon is fun, but not all of the time. People can die from the mistakes that surgeons can do. I'm a neurosurgeon and in my opinion, I have seen a lot.

Lao K's Point Of View

" Ming! Why isn't Vivian coming down? " Chubby yelled walking downstairs. Ming stopped cutting vegetables for a moment but didn't say a thing.

" Tong Yao. You're a girl. " Lu Yue looked at Tong Yao who was sitting on the couch near Cheng.

" Am I? " She wiggled her eyebrows. Chubby laughed loudly before sitting down.

" Can you check on her? You know it's late and she hasn't been out of her room yet. " Lu Yue pleaded Tong Yao for the first time and it was surprising.

" Yah! Lu Yue, what's up with you? " Cat pulled him closer and put his hand on Lu Yue's shoulder.

" Lu Yue are you in love with Ming's cousin? " Cheng looked at his brother when suddenly Ming dropped the knife he was holding.

" What did you say? " Ming came closer to Lu Yue with his scary death stare.

" Yah!! Ming, stop! I don't wanna die. It's not like that. I care about her just in a friendly way. " But Ming still was coming closer making Lu Yue stand up and run away.

" Ming, calm down. You know Lu Yue. " Cheng calmed his friend.

" Yeah, Ming. She's not that special for Lu Yue to like her. " I rolled my eyes, but those brown eyes of mine couldn't miss that scary glare of Ming's.

Tong Yao stood up from her seat making our eyes look up at her.

" Where are you going? " Cheng looked at her curiously.

" To check up on Vivian. Lu Yue is worried. " She shrugged and ran away before Lu Yue or Ming could destroy her life.

" Yah! Tong Yao! Yah!!" Lu Yue shouted but immediately stopped when his eyes met Furious Ming. Lu Yue gulped sitting back down between me and Cat.

At that time Tong Yao came back running. All of us stood up, but it seemed that Ming didn't care. He was calm and it made him suspicious.

" What happened? Why are you running? " Cheng went near her while we all were standing aside.

" Ming? Did Vivian leave us forever?" She looked at Ming. He looked away obviously trying to ignore the question.

" What?!" Chubby and Lu Yue looked at her with widened eyes.

" Estella isn't in her room too. She left, didn't she?" her eyes got teary, but Ming still hasn't said a word.

At this moment I should've felt good that she left, but I don't know why it makes me sad. Is it because I won't have anyone to fight with anymore? or is it that I was still guilty because of what I have done to her? Maybe both? I wanted her to leave, but at this moment my whole body went numb. Is it because of me? Is it my fault?

Vivian's Point Of View

As I entered the OR there were only nurses preparing for the surgery. In the middle of the room was a table and on it was laid an 18-year-old student with a tumor in her head.

" Doctor Adams?" One of the nurses came towards me. I just nodded.

" Dr. Lu is on his way. We prepared her for you. " I nodded again and made my way toward the patient. I sat on the chair and looked at her shaved head for a moment.

" Knife" I held my hand still watching the patient, but felt nothing on my palm so I looked at the near-standing nurse.

" Is something wrong? " I asked because she was holding the scalpel in her hands and watching me.

" No no. Go on, I was amazed for a moment. " She handed me the scalpel and I send her a warm smile even though she couldn't see it. I put the scalpel on her head and started working.

" Pinchers. " The job was going well from the beginning. When I finally get to see what was in her head the view wasn't as usual. The tumor was quite big and there was a lot of liquid.

" Suction. " My eyes were on the tumor, but the nurse stopped helping me, so I again looked at her wondering what was the matter this time. To my surprise next to her was an about 30-year-old man. I guess it's the famous Dr. Lu.

" It's okay, Ji Yang. Let her continue, she's doing well. " He was holding his hands behind his back. The way he was looking at me made me feel confident and I have no idea why.

" Suction. " I said the same thing again and this time it landed in Dr. Lu's hands. At this moment I understood that he was going to be the one who was going to be my assistant even though it has to be the opposite.

" Knife. " I was concentrated. I tried my best not to damage her brain while cutting the tumor. I knew that it was going to be hard because the tumor was very close to her brain and even an experienced neurosurgeon could do this huge mistake.

A few hours later it was done. The whole tumor was placed in the bowl and the last thing which was left was to sew the hole. I was about to finish my job, but Doctor's hand stopped me.

" You've done enough for today, I'll finish it. Go tell the good news to her guardians and come back tomorrow afternoon. " I nodded and left before bowing to him showing that I respect him.

As I went out of the OR I took off my glows and suit. I approached her guardians probably her parents. As soon as they saw me they stood up.

" How is she? Is everything alright with my daughter?" The woman came to me first. I saw her worried eyes and smiled.

" Don't worry. Your daughter is a very brave and strong girl. We removed the whole tumor without complications. She's going to wake up soon. Don't worry. " I smiled again before saying goodbye.

It was already 1:30 AM. All I wanted to do was just go home and lay on my bed. One thing I was proud of today is that I did it. It was complicated, but there were no complications and I was happy about that.