Ep.8 The truth

I was rushing home because all I wanted at this moment was to lay in my warm sheets and get some sleep. This whole day was tiring. I woke up late, had to meet the whole hospital, and had to do surgery on my first day. This whole day was messed up. I reached the house and parked my car. The lights were off, I shrugged and went inside the house. It was a dead silence. I took my slippers and went inside the house. To my surprise, K was still sitting and playing that stupid game. I smirked when I understood that it was my chance to pay him back for my wrist. I left the lights off and started to walk his way. I pretended to be drunk and put my face closer to his, I put my right hand on his hand which was placed on the mouse. He flinched a little and looked at my face.

" Let's go, it's late. " I said while nodding. He looked at me confused.

" I thought you left." He raised his eyebrow.

" Me? How could I leave you? " I smiled innocently while I died inside. Pure disgust.

" Are you drunk or something? " He placed his headphones on the table and stood up.

" No, baby, I'm fine. " I cupped his cheeks and he just glared at me. Rude.

" You should go to sleep. " He said while trying to go, but I held his wrist. He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

" Can you drink some tea with me? " I pouted even though I was cringing inside.

" Okay. " I was shocked for a moment. Did he agree? " Come. I'll make us tea. " He gently wrapped his hand around my wrist. He was indeed suspicious.

Lao K's Point Of View

She was acting weird. I felt pity for her so I agreed to drink some tea with her. I made two cups of black tea and put them on the table near the couch she was sitting on. she looked at me with her tired eyes. She was indeed tired but looked like she was sober. I shrugged my thoughts and tried to concentrate.

" Why did you get drunk? " I asked because I had a feeling that she did this because of me.

" I guess I was just feeling sad. " She sipped the tea and immediately put the cup on the table. She burned her tongue. " Yah! It's hot. Be careful. " I said as I took the paper and wiped her face near her lower lip. I stopped for a moment looking at it. My eyes were fixed on her lips while her eyes were watching me. At this moment I forgot all the hate towards her and just wanted to feel those pair of lips on mine. When I understood what kind of situation I am I immediately looked away. It was an awkward silence between us for a moment, but I managed to speak.

" Were you only in a bar? " I looked at her again. Vivian placed the cup on the table and looked at me.

" Nah. I was at a hospital. " She shrugged like it was nothing while my eyes got bigger.

" Hospital? Did you get hurt? " I was a bit confused because she looked okay besides her wrist.

" No. " She giggled. " I'm working there. " She took a sip again.

" Working? "

" Yeah. I'm a neurosurgeon. " When she said this line my mouth made an 'O' form. I was shocked I would say. Maybe more than shocked.

" Why so shocked? " She laughed. " Never seen a 25-year-old neurosurgeon? " She laughed again.

" I just wasn't expecting that. Why did you choose this profession?" I saw something in her eyes and it made me regret that I asked.

" I never was a ray of sunshine for my family. " She laughed sarcastically while I concentrated on her face. " All I had in my life always was Ming. Just Ming. Even though we couldn't see each other often we still had each other's backs. Not gonna lie, I wanted to be a part of my family. I wanted them to love me like they loved my sister, but it never happened. I started to study harder trying to catch their attention, but it was useless. I got the opportunity to attend medical school and I did. I was trying so hard, but all they gave me all this time was pure anger. Yesterday I got out to know that my mom died, but my dad wouldn't even let me see her for the last time. He was the worst father that I could ever imagine. I should have felt good that their suffering after mom's death, but instead I was heartbroken. " A tear left her eye. I felt pity for her, but I'm in a very similar sh!t.

" Well, at least they aren't coming for you to get your money. " I could feel anger. She burst out crying and all I could do at this moment was just comfort her. I hugged her tightly and let her mess up my brand-new shirt.

Next morning

Vivian's Point Of View

" LAO K!!!" I heard a loud shout so I opened my eyes seeing no other than my furious cousin, Ming. I blinked a few times before looking around and seeing myself in K's embrace. My eyes automatically went wide. How did I end up in this position? I was supposed to get my revenge on him, but instead, I told him my life story. I mentally cursed myself before getting my hands off him. He opened his hands and glared at me. This son of a devil! Aish!

" If Ming's going to kill me. I promise I won't let you live in peace. " He glared at me again before letting go of my waist and standing up.

" We had a conversation yesterday. Did you already forget? " Ming looked angry.

" Ming it's my fault. Don't hunt him. " I stood up beside K, but deep inside me, I wanted Ming to scold that brat. Ming just glared at me before shifting his gaze back to K.

" She saved you this time. " He glared at us for the last time and turned his back on us. I pulled my middle finger up, but unfortunately, he turned back at us and saw it.

" Damn you, Vivian. You have to face your destiny now. " Ming said in a low voice making me widen my eyes. I knew what was he about, so I immediately turned my back on him and rushed upstairs to my room.