Ep.18 The meeting

I stood in an empty room with no windows. It was extremely cold and there was a little bit of sunlight coming from a crack a bit far from me. My whole body was shivering from coldness and fear. I was scared of the things I can see here. I was hesitating for a moment. I was so curious about that light coming from nowhere, but I had a strange feeling which was slowly killing my curiosity. The sound of footsteps was coming my way making me look in that direction. My eyes widened at the sight I just saw. My grandfather was coming my way with a huge smile on his face. My eyes got teary as I made my way toward him embracing him with my cold shaky hands. His warmth was enough for me to feel safe once again. The man who was making me happy for 23 years now was standing in front of me hugging me tightly.

" I've missed you so much. " I felt my tears rolling down as a sob left my mouth. I missed the feeling of holding him so close and feeling his warmth. I missed our conversations and his stupid talks. I missed his laugh and his whole presents around me. He was my everything. My everything is standing in this cold room holding me.

" I've missed you too, cupcake. " The nickname he made for me now was tearing me into pieces ever again.

" But you're gone... What are you doing here? " I came back to my senses as I pulled away from the hug. He was smiling at me warmly making me want to hold him tight and never let go.

" Look where you came, dear child. It's time for you to make a decision. " He softly rubbed my right arm. Decision? What decision?

" But, grandpa. I don't understand. What decision? " I asked him as I held his hand.

" To enter heaven or come back to life. You're dying every minute now. " I'm dying? Suddenly reality hit me. I fell off the building trying to escape from Jacob who was out of his senses. I could come back to life and live a meaningless life or stay here with the one I've been missing all this time.

" I will stay. I will die if I have a chance to be beside you. " I confidently said, but he wasn't satisfied with my answer. He was disappointed.

" If you would ask me for advice I would tell you to think about the ones you're leaving behind by making this decision. " He let go of my arm and Ming's face flashed into my mind. He would be heartbroken and I don't want that. I know that he would blame himself and that would be bullshit. Lu Yue, my best friend. He would suffer as well from overthinking stuff. Chubby wouldn't be the cheerful Chubby for a few days and it would break my heart even more. Tong Yao would be heartbroken knowing that I left her behind. K. That punk would be left with his problems alone having no one to bicker with. No. I have to come back. I have too much to lose.

" You're right. But before going back I want to have a good conversation. Like before. " I set down on the cold floor hearing his giggles which warmed my heart. He sat down next to me facing the light.

" How have you been? " He suddenly asked making me turn my face to him.

" I don't know, it was hard. I dropped dancing after mom kicked me out of the house. " I sighed facing the cold floor before talking again. " I was working in a coffee for some time to earn on living. After a year I got transferred from The hospital I was working as a resident in a famous hospital in Hong Kong becoming a real doctor. Not a resident anymore. A few days later when I was already in Hong Kong watching Ming's team playing I got a call from dad. That day I lost my mother who has never shown me, love." A tear made its way out of my eye. " I met Ming's friends. They were so friendly. Except one. " I giggled silently. " We used to bicker every day for no reason and it always made my day. We bickered a lot, but still, we were there for each other when needed. This past month our bickering stopped and it was replaced by care and warmness. Lu Yue was my best friend since day one. He would always try to make me comfortable and happy without even trying. He was my rise of happiness. Chubby made me eat Chinese food saying that what I eat is far from normal food. He was checking if I'm healthy and if my day was great. All of them together made my life colorful again, grandpa. They made me realize what that feels like to have a family. " I finished.

" I'm so grateful for those people. They made my favorite granddaughter happy again. " He squeezed my hands making me feel that he was always with me.

" How... How have you been? " I asked looking down.

" It wasn't that bad. I've met your grandmother. She wasn't pleased to see me here. " He said making me giggle. I remember him saying that they had a bad relationship. " I also met my brothers and a lot of other relatives. It was fun here. " He sighed with a little laugh.

" How's grandma doing? "

" She's good. She already met your so-called mother once. She wasn't happy about it at all. They kept bickering for almost a month. " He laughed again making me laugh with him.

" It's just my imagination, right? All of this... It's not real, is it? " I asked knowing the answer.

" It depends on your mind. I will go soon, you will go too. Your mind knows want you want to see and at moments like that you can see what you wish to see. " He explained.

" So... This whole conversation is not real? " I asked again wishing for him to say that it was real and I'm not dreaming about this part.

" No. It's real. More likely than real. "

This chapter was the hardest for me to write 'cause I am suffering from my loved one's death. I hope you enjoyed it.💜💕