Chapter 1

"Is the will of your grandfather clear to you Ms. Yang? If you have any doubts, do please feel free to ask me. Although I doubt if anything is unclear." The lawyer smiled gently and said again, "Its pretty simple, at the end of the day, all that your grandfather owned is now yours. You just need to know the list of the vast properties you have to your name."

Aria smiled a little.

It was no surprise to her that her grandfather had given her everything that he owned.

She had been the star in his life.

And he had been hers.

Aria closed her eyes when she felt the sting of tears. She could not keep crying right now. She needed to be responsible enough to take care of the business side of her grandfather's death.

Death.

He was dead.

Aria's father had died when she was in middle school, but both of her parents had abandoned her to her grandfather long before that. Her mother had divorced her father a year after she was born, and then gone away with her boss. She still lived with him with a family of her own.

Although grandfather had never really said anything against it, he had demanded his daughter to give his granddaughter to him. He wanted no part of his daughter's life shadowing his precious angel.

Her father . . . she never really knew if her father wanted her or not. After the divorce, he had not tried to get custody of her. Whether it was because of his disinterest or because he was afraid of the wealth and power her grandfather possessed, she never did think to ask.

Because her childhood had been perfect. She had been happy and carefree. Brought up by her grandfather in his villa, she had never felt the emotional loss of her parents. Her grandfather had made sure to fill her whole life with love.

He himself was a powerful Hotelier, his wealth enormous, but still, he never did act the way one with such power should have. There had never been an ounce of arrogance in him.

It wasn't as if he did not have his faults. Aria had never been blind to it. But those were minor matters to the hero he had been in her eyes, and he adored the respect and love her innocent eyes portrayed whenever he gazed in them. He would always tell her, that he constantly checked himself just so that Aria would never feel ashamed of him.

But now, he would never again laugh that loud boisterous guffaw with her. At eighty one, he was dead.

Aria got up from the chair and went over to the window of her lavish apartment. The city of Seoul sprawled below her penthouse.

"There was another thing he wanted to give you Aria." She heard Mr. Lee tell her in a low voice.

Getting her emotions in control, she turned to look at the old man, the friend of her grandpa whom she had known since her childhood.

"He did not want to mention it in the will. Its rather just a favour he asked me to do to him as a friend." From his briefcase, Lee took out a Black Folder. He extended it towards her, "This contains 2 sealed letters and one sealed envelop. He wanted you to have this after his funeral was done."

That sparked a memory in her.

In his last moments, on the hospital bed, her grandfather had tried desperately to talk to her. He had kept taking his oxygen mask down to speak to her, until the nurse finally gave up on seeing that not being able to do so was making him more anxious.

"Read what . . . . I give you . . . . black envelop." He had said while she had tried to tell him to put on the mask.

All was in vain.