Chapter 6

To My Little Fairy,

Did you really think I would check the hollow for your letter in the dawn before I leave? My Love, I check it every night after you sleep, so I got your letter early enough to leave you with my reply.

While I sat on my desk to take the paper to write to you, I realized that I was smiling. Without any thought, without any cause. That is what you bring in my life. Even in rest, even in leisure, during my breaks, during my labour, the thought of you gifts me with a sublime happiness that never really leaves me, it stays within me, spreads in me with every pulse of my heart.

Your father rejected all the proposals for a reason Love, the reason being yet another secret I kept from you. Thank you for considering to share with your family about our love being realized but fear not Fairy, they already know. They are simply waiting for you to verbalize it. They may tease you, stay strong through that.

The summer you turned fourteen and I became nineteen, was the summer I confessed to my family. You were still so young Love, so innocent to the desires I had, so I waited. I waited for you to mature, I waited for you to realize while trying to remain spotless in the role of a friend for you.

The minx that you are, you made it hard for me, with the sweet way you fell asleep on my shoulder, the adoring way you cheered for me in every event, the careless way you entwined your hands with mine.

But I was a lucky man to have been in such exquisitely sweet torture. I relished your trust, I cherished your smile.

My parents knew, they accepted it. They had approached your parents with the possibility of our future together and your father agreed at once. He said that he felt my sincerity, but I held them off.

There was a request I made. I never wanted you to feel overwhelmed, for you to be misguided or pressured into feeling the way I did by any individual of this world. May it be me, or your parents. You were so young Love, so impressionable.

So I asked your parents to wait till you approached them. Until you decided. They agreed, which was why your father rejected every other proposal.

I will be back after 2 days and I promise you, you will be the first person I see, even before I reach my home. I shall look around for something befitting you, that holds the same precious element so unique that it radiates a soft glow.

I will come back to you.

Only Yours,
Taehyung.

Please do comment and vote!