Chapter 25

Aria completed the last letter. And then she blankly sat on her bed, looking at the walls.

There were still too many questions left. Too many questions.

The whole thing about her grandfather, about the lies, about how the chest contained both sets of letter. But most importantly, was her grandmother being truthful?? If so, then how exactly had Taehyung died?

Aria closed her eyes as she understood the significance of what had been written in the painting her Grandmother had made.

"It is my belief that has turned into flames, which engulf me in the burning pain of a truth that is fractured. Even as it melts my existence, the anguish it brings satisfies my heart of the past that took place. Without it, I am nothing."

A knock sounded at her door as So-ra poked her head in, "Aria? Come have dinner."

"No." she crisply said as she got up from the bed, going towards her suitcase, unzipping it.

So-ra was taken aback at the rude tone, "Aria?"

Not bothering to look at her, Aria searched her luggage for the third letter her Grandfather had given her, "Tell me something, does the name Taehyung mean something to you?"

So-ra jerked back, her eyes becoming round.

Aria found the envelop as she turned around and arched her brow, "Or the fact that I am his grandchild?"

"You-you you were never meant to—"

"Leave." Aria said, a break in her voice, "leave, please. Let me read what he had to say."

Not bothering with her, she sat down on the bed as she tore open the third envelop, wanting to know what her grandfather had to say.

So-ra however, sense the edge of the emotional cliff Aria was balanced on. She quietly closed the door, but remained inside the room, sitting down beside her on the bed. Her silent support a huge pillar for Aria.

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Aria.

By now, you know the real truth. In this letter, I have a lot of apologies to make, but I know they will not be enough. It wont be enough because I know what I have done is a sin that can never be forgiven by anyone.

But I need you to hear my side of the story. Hear it till the last because if the only one thing I did right in this life, the only one good thing I did on my own violation, was to love your Grandmother.

I did not lie to you about me loving her since my childhood. I saw her everyday, Every. Day. We were of the same age, but still, she never looked at me. She only ever saw Taehyung.

Since the childhood, Taehyung was possessive of her attention, wanting it for himself when he was close. Anya knew that fact, which was why she never bothered to return the friendship I extended to her. Once, when we were 14, she told me that her Tae would be slightly bothered by it and she had no wish to be the cause of even a scratching discomfort he could experience. To her, he was all she needed. He, was her world.

I envied him, and with passing years, I hated him. It became corrosive because I would see her beautiful smile everyday, and I would see that beautiful smile light up more ethereally when Taehyung showed up.

The reason why I saw her everyday was because we were neighbors. The house beside this Manor, the one you grew in, was Anya's house.

And yes.

Taehyung, was my older brother.

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Aria's hands shook, "But, he never told me about him." Her voice was hollow, "I never heard his name once."