Chapter 9

To My Taehyung,

Home, I would love to be that for you. I hope this is a promise of yours that never breaks. As for what you are to me? honestly, I don't want to ask that question to myself.

I fear I might lose myself if I answer that.

Since I could walk, I saw you. Since I could play, you were the one I sought. When I would smile, you were the reason. The memory of my first laughter, you are included. The first time I felt nervous around a boy, you were the cause. The first time my heart sped up when I saw a beautiful laughing boy with his hair tousled due to wind, you were him.

When I understood love, I knew you.

When I dream for the things I want, you always appear.

You are in me Tae. Trying to find what you are for me will mean trying to separate you from me, from the me who is living. Is that possible to achieve?

In my life, all my firsts belong to you. And the promise I can give you? All my lasts will be you as well.

I would love to spend the day with you. You even asked my parents behind my back. My mother happily brought out the dress she feels will suit me the most. I did not protest, because I want to look my best, when the most potently handsome man I love, places his lips on mine to claim my first kiss.

I will be waiting in my parlor tomorrow. Don't be late.

PS: You had a headache earlier, I hope you have taken some medicine for it.

Eternally Yours.

🍂 🍂 🍂 🍂 🍂 🍂 🍂 🍂 🍂 🍂 🍂

Aria threw the letter away as it fluttered down on the floor.

She wanted to cry. Her chest was heavy reading the hopeful, bright dreams they had. To witness them opening up, making promises about a future, that never happened.

The future Taehyung had promised was waiting for them, never was. It was never present.

With each and every day, their love got stronger, infinitely more intimate. It was a love devoid of any negativity, it was a love that did not know pain.

Pain.

Aria remembered the painting in the attic. There was no doubt left that the painter had been her grandmother.

Nor were there any doubts that she had been in agony of despair, completely shattered when she had written that message.

Aria rubbed her eyes with her palms, trying to keep the growing bitter realization at bay.

Her grandfather, had been a liar.

There was no way, none at all, that her grandmother would have been happy in the marriage she had been undoubtedly forced into.

There could never have been any proposals.

But then why? Why did she leave Taehyung?

Or did Taehyung leave her?

None of the both seemed likely.

Taking a deep breath, Aria reached for the next letter.

Please do comment and Vote! Votes encourage me to keep doing my best for you.