Dana Mercer

Alex was in a state of numbness.

He heard many things but his mind was in full static. There was no dreams he could see yet clearly he can hear something.

He was however unable to make a thought or idea bloom. It was useless as his main concern was Lucy. The state of his body though did not allow him to even wake up.

It felt like hours and Alex had no clue what had happened. Literally the hours before he finally defeated Havoc became nothing more than will o whisps. He could only see a small frame of the entire memory.

He did not recall why he went unconscious and what happened to Havoc after.

All he could do was drift in the darkness as his eyes were sealed from tiredness and overuse of his abilities.

He weakly groaned in this dim state and drifted to deeper sleep, becoming null to time.

⚗️💊🩹💉🧫🧬🩹⚗️💊🩹💉🧫🧬🩺🧪

Sometime after:

About 11 days had passed. And barely now the first to wake up was Lucy. She woke up from a bright light up ahead that flashed her eyes from a tent with a hole in its roof.

She woke up with a strange sensation and soreness as she heard many sounds.

Leaves swaying. Wind blowing. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Then Lucy snapped her eyes fully open when she heard the clicking of a beaker.

She got out of the cot she was resting in and immediately tried to summon her vectors as she turned to the sound.

Lucy was panicking as she heard the sound going. And there was a woman with worn out clothes and short hair. She was using goggles and tied her hair in a bun as she was mixing something in the beaker while having a whole construction of a chemical lab setup in front.

Diana noticed her and cringingly turned to Lucy. She blinked a couple times as Lucy failed to realized she could not create any vectors for the moment.

Diana rubbed her forehead with her forearm and looked at her with interest "Oh heya! Finally awake I see? I saved you missy and this idiot guy over here. You've been really out." Dana said as she continued mixing and this time she failed to notice that Lucy tried to skewer her as she crossed her arms but was shocked to not see any of her vectors form or anything happened in her swings.

"Kkgh... Augh... What..?" Lucy said as she dropped her arms and felt so heavy. Dana did notice that as Lucy's knees bucked a bit and moved a small office file cabinet near her cot as Dana put the beaker down in the table she was working with and rushed to catch Lucy in her arms.

"Oh whoa whoa! Careful missy! Literally you were the most damaged next to Alex. I need you to lay down and rest just like him over there. Don't over do it." Diana said as she then felt Lucy slap both arms on her back.

Lucy was frightened a bit as Diana rushed her but calmed down as even after her lame hit, she smiled up for her to see as he sat her down carefully. It was nothing she expected.

The eyes of the science girl were genuine and filled with good intentions that Lucy dropped her rude behavior to instead do as she told her.

The fact she heard Alex was here too made Lucy mellow to a peaceful state. Now in the cot, Dana sat on her turning chair and focused on the beaker as it was a yellowish color with red stuff on the top of the liquid.

Lucy took the initiative to figure out who she was.

"Um... Ma'am... Who are you?" Lucy asked as Dana giggled a bit before running to the beginning of the chemistry setup and poured the beaker to be diluted and processed in many ways until it reached the end of the setup that showed a greenish blue hue substance.