The New Leaf

Lucy stood there sobbing one eye as she smiled at me.

A vector was sticking out of her back and was currently crushing the drone it had caught into a ball of scraps. Sparks and fire flew from it as it finally floated within the vector without making a sound.

"What's this?" She asked looking at the thing currently in her vector

Alex was sweaty and dirty being chased almost for hours and she...

Casually beat the drone

"WHA- WHO- HOW DID YOU BEAT IT THAT EASILY?!" He roared in jealousy at the simple attack that obliterated the thing.

"Oh? So this thing was ruffing you up-? Hmmmm-" she smirked in a smug expression while throwing the scrapped threat back to the forest.

Alex frowned heavily then mocked that smart smirk she had "Heheheh~ shut it"

"Ha-!" She smiled and slapped the protoype in the back, adding more to the insult as he felt utterly surpassed

She saw him filled with a jealousy in his eyes... 'Oh wow... What a boy...' She mentally insulted him, making a cute frown at the man with the hurt ego.

He was a weapon of mass destruction that was way more times dangerous than even her... yet he is shown one little flaw of his and he can't just admit it to himself.

She send out a vector and grabbed his shoulder, rocking Alex out of his depressing stupor as he was pulled back to her

He almost tripped from the quick force of the shove but to his happy surprise he was caught in a warm embrace. Before he could protest Lucy tightened his hold and snuggled to his chest while smelling the scent she was getting used to very quickly.

"This doesn't change anything" Alex said quietly to her still feeling beat by her powers, though even while he pouted he loved the rustling of her nose to his chest. He smiled as she whiffed his scent from the sweater that he always wears.

"You're such an idiot. Too prideful for your own good." She ruffled her fingers on his body, making him shiver from the sudden touch she made.

He smirked and gave a simple adoring hug as she accepted it with relish.

The moment lasted for one frozen minute. Nothing could stop them from enjoying one thing they had... Yet did not realize to its fullest extent.

The two of them unhooked their arms, making them fall to their sides as they walked back to the little camp. It was time to have breakfast afterall and Alex put it upon himself to find something to eat. She was about to follow him with her attitude up to it but he held a hand

"Don't worry-! I'll get the meal. You can just relax-"

"..." She looked up at him, tilting her head thinking about it...

"What?" He asked as he saw doubt in her eyes. She grew a sweat drop thinking about what he would consider a meal considering the fact he ate people.

"WHAT?!" Alex raised his voice as he could see that she was thinking this too hard. She was mocking him all right!

"Well... Just get something that is... Edible for me-"

"Humph-! Of course! You think I'll go kill someone and make him breakfast-?!"

She nodded with a smart alek smile, amazed he guessed her thought

"Hehehe- ha. Real funny" he murmured as he went out to hunt

The prototype hunted down a meal and found some bush berries along the way. So now they could have somewhat of a complete meal.

The meal however...