The End is Just the Beginning

A couple years passed, no sign or trace that they follow after them as Alex was alleviated to live a new life with Lucy. Despite the third wheeling Dana, life was pretty good now as they were far and away in a hidden part of Russia, on top of a building that now they owned as Mr. and Mrs. Ruskha.

It was cold and hidden in the depths of the Russia, almost non-populated until Alex helped out to make the city Kemerovo in Russia. The building was now inhabited by 30 residents, a six story apartment complex to which Alex, Lucy, and Dana came to know. Thankfully both Alex and Lucy consumed dangerous Russian folk that wanted to mug them the moment they came here but they proved to be very helpful in knowing the language.

Dana of course didn't even try to learn it and became a shut in to study and learn more of what Blackwatch, Gentek, and the Blacklight virus could give them as well any surviving factions that could be after Alex or Lucy. Meanwhile, the two superhumans made simple jobs and took rent from the inhabitants as well go out there to get a living. It was easy for them as they avoided any attention at all.

The three celebrated the freedom they had and relished how morning would come then spend an entire day working, resting, or just plainly watching TV without the need to watch behind their necks or close windows to hide.

Nothing was coming after them.

That's why now Alex and Lucy were laying together on a mattress outside, watching how it snowed and they could see the greyish calm sky.

It was a blessing to have spend 3 years as such dressed in comfy winter clothes and see the days pass by with a calmness to match. Eat and sleep like this was the life he wished could come true, was now here to stay.

"... Snowy days like these make me feel grateful to still live. Don't you feel the same, Alex?" Lucy asked while being snuggly on top of him by the side as Alex couldn't agree more.

"Wonder what is happening outside? They may have no clue where we are but... those guys won't stop experimenting and doing who knows what." He said, worried and showing an ambition that Lucy understood. He wanted to stop them.

She giggled as she found it so hero like. It was cartoonishly similar even. She could even envision him with a cape too.

She raised her right arm to brush her fingers to his lips "I know. Love. But we can't go out there and find out... especially since..." She whispered, making Alex giddy and feel his stomach jump from excitement.

He brushed his hand over her torso and hugged it close.

"Cuz we have our own little trouble maker right here... hmm?" Alex smiled and rubbed her stomach as Lucy blushed at how happy he was when he found out. He literally jumped out the building and landed head first to then go on and around to leap over buildings like a mad man, the night Illuminated by a half moon as he could be seen as a silhouette. He was the happiest man right then and there.

She was happy too and couldn't believe the test so she took it three times only to see each one bare the two symbols of a positive sign. But also with it... she was scared.

Never did she imagine to be a mother. Not even in the wildest dreams she had. She felt like she just wasn't ready, that she would horribly fail. She was scared for the child that she could feel grow.

Another strange thing is how the voices she once heard now were non-existent. She couldn't even hear a groan or lisp anymore even if she tried to tap into herself and used her vectors.

That was a good thing but by far Alex's joy is what drives her to have a very open and positive outlook to have a boy or girl in a couple more months. She doesn't see her own belly grow but Dana said that many women have different and varying times of how a belly grows. So who knows when she will grow, more so considering that she was now a different organism entirely.