The Unforseeable future

A couple of days passed and now Lucy seemed a lot more patient and calm. She was by the market now buying produce and enjoying the company of everyday people in this region as she was happy she could understand the language. It would have been a nightmare being here and not be able to know what was happening or where she could get food, water, news, and other stuff.

Dana clearly was a shut in because of that very reason.

She thanked Alex was that much of a planner that he saved her life and granted her the ability to know many things through absorption. The only bad thing is that she doesn't want to eat people. It still feels so bizarre and strange to do that but she does find conformity by finding the scum of these alleys and villages to eat.

Lucy however still was in a pickle as she picked up many things to eat. But all where fruits she had NEVER heard of. For example, she had the main basket for the other produce and then a small separate basket of prickly Chayote that Dana listed to pick up. That thing has more spikes than anything she has seen in her life 'My god... How do you even cut that thing!?!?' she said as she had no idea why she listed that to get. Another fruit for example was the Tunas, a less prickly light green apple sized called Prickly Pears. She also has other normal ones likes mangos and berries... But after thinking about all this... She realized how calm she was.

She paid at the counter and gave a 'Gracias, que tenga un buen dia' (Thank you have a nice day) with a wave, as she felt so relieved the idea of seeing Alex wake up soon was an expected reality that would happen.

She strolled down as her hair flowed in the wind and the pink colorations as clearly attracting many eyes. Both children and adults looked at her as she walked by with confused and amazed eyes at her long pink hair that shined with the sun.

Of course it was unnatural, yet it was such an appalling beauty that made her the talk of people around her. It was a nice feeling to evoke positive emotions rather than negatives ones in humans.

The day was going great since that idea wouldn't leave her head. Nothing could interrupt her line of thought until Lucy saw a band of men that she could tell from a mile away that they were trouble. She kept walking and noticed that they did not stop looking at her. She could easily thought that these were just lusting about her... Until she saw the dark shine of their eyes and how they seemed to be checking for something on their waists or hips.

This was a negative emotion. Hatred. That she knew well.

She didn't linger much but the social atmosphere around her changed, the normal everyday people moving away from her path and now she began to sense others around her sticking their sights only on her. She held her basket close and sighed, knowing that some of the tattoos clearly emphasized that these were some of the criminals that dwelled within the forest. She had killed a few to know that.

She made a annoyed pout before setting down the basket, keeping it away from what she knew would be a messy and very crimson battle "Antes de empezar esto, quiero advertirles algo. El que empieze la batalla... Solo quiero que sepas... Que yo voy a ganar. Si nada empieza... Retirense. Si no- (Before starting this, I want to warn you something. Whoever starts the fight... I just want you to know... I'll win. If nothing starts... Just go. But if-)" Lucy didn't finish her warning when a bullet went straight through her head, blasting her grey matter outside from her forehead. She limped forward a bit until she stood up strong again from the small grey wall side of a street. Her basket wasn't dirtied... But Lucy was mad as hell.

Her eyes turned red and yellowish before the wound to her head healed. She turned around and saw a guy with a lot of tattoos on his head with a black tight wife beater and dirty blue jeans, having pointed a SCAR right behind her head. Lucy squinted angrily. He had scars but all that physical bravado couldn't compare to the wrath about to be unleashed from a Diclonius.