Camp

Alex picked up with the wind and glided down to a place where no human would easily be able to acess the are. In a thud, the prototype knelt down to let Lucy get off his back and start working on a fire as night seemed around the corner.

When he did however she did nothing. Alex thought well maybe she's adjusting something... But after a full minute that was ridiculous. He slowly elbowed her to signal the end of the gliding journey

She snapped out of the trance unknowingly to Alex "oh." Lucy whispered and got off him to sit on the cold ground and dark setting. She layed her arms on the side and nervously grabbed the soil beneath her like she was holding on to something. The night was slowly creeping that showed how the horizon was now only a couple rays of sunlight up above in tje skies.

She bit her lip seeing Alex having problems setting up the fire with the rocks, small sticks, leaves, and dried grass he gather not so long ago "Stupid damped rocks!" Alex said, trying his hardest and fastest way to ignite this thing. He looked back for the fraction of a second and saw Lucy carving deep with her hands to the rough ground, biting her lower lip that was bleeding a thin red line from what he could guess was the fear of the dark.

'ah fuck. I have to hurry up or she gonna flip her shit!' He thought now literally rubbing the stone too hard that crunched them together to pieces.

"Nononono OH COME ON!" He roared and threw the stone to a nearby tree. That action made Lucy squirm in her seating place and shiver in more terror as the darkness was now almost upon them.

"Alex-? Pl-le-ase hur-r-y..." Lucy mumbled having tears in the rim of her eyes. She was so tired of being afraid... But it just striked fear to her very soul. Raising her knees to her chin she hugged them and wished the fire would spontaneously start

'think think THINK! What can I use to-'

...

...

...

'ohmygod' he face palmed

"Why am I so dumb sometimes..." He cursed himself and started to glow. That lit the place up good that calmed Lucy to open her eyes

Uncrunching her eyes still hugging her legs close, she watched Alex walking to find another nearby stick. Luckily he found a dry small log that could be used perfectly, set it down to the ground near the pile of small dried debris patch and summoned his claws to spark a fire on. So far this was way better as he could see little chips of fire jump from the wood. He was glowing like some blood firefly that let out a crimson yellowish and orange neon color out with the red being the dominant. Even if it looked terrifying to a normal human, to her this was a beatiful night light.

Unconsciously she stretched out and began to stand up to get closer to Alex. She walked to safety slowly in a crouch like manner as if going down a small tunnel. Getting close enough, she sat on her knees and looked only into Alex's back as he worked to get the fire started

"Come on-! Just one- ugh- ONE SPARK!" He said, getting a bit mad on the last word. The slight anger was all he needed that let the spark ignite. It lit up and Alex blew on the flame to expand it, while throwing little pieces of leaves and the such to make it last including the whole log just in case. Using some of his inner biology Alex had the great idea to use a strand of his DNA that made people.. Burn... Not just be infected but like an explosive it could make a person theoretically 'explode'

To this day he has not found a proper way to use such thing until today. Maybe.

He extended his claw finger to the fire and let the substance drip from him like a severed vein. Almost instantly it lit up raging to consume the fuel it was burning.