Not alone, ever again

...

There was an ambient silence inside Lucy's head as she was lost in the dark void of her mind. This was strange.

Everytime she had been here, immediately the voice would get to her and entice her to act like the monster she was. But not today. She walked around this void for a couple of miles now and saw that she was barefoot on the low humid grass as she looked up to see a black sky filled with purple stars.

Was this peace-? That she wondered out loud as she fell flat to her back. It was cool and chilly that it refreshed her to forget about what she was wondering just now.

She had no idea where she was or how she got here... Nor what happened before. She was with Alex... Fighting those two freaks.. And...

"Uuhhwa... Why do my ears feel hot?" She asked next as she realized she was wearing something.

It was the viral headset from Alex. The yellow parts were glowing a bit as they gave off a certain shine as she remembered the relief it was to wear them. It removed the pain and protected her from that mechasuit's EMP garbage attack.

It was the first device made to help her in a long time. She held the headphones in her hands and let it sit on her chest

"Alex... Where are you?" She wondered as a shooting star passed by and flashed a great shining reflection to her and the grassy area she was in.

Suddenly memories started to show up in her mind, as she rested she looked to the sky and actually saw those events unfolded. The first time they met, the time she almost threw him across the ocean from her boat countless of times because she was angry at the world, the time they fought...

"Ugh... I hate these memories... I have not been the nicest person he has met I bet..." She said, suddenly the sky turned from a dark night purple to a soft dusk like setting and the stars shined a white light

She remembered the time he tried to eat with her and they barely talked but connected themselves to not be alone, the ride of the bus back to some place new that for the first time didn't scare her of the future, the time the two of them fought that super soldier thing, and the time they kissed out of the nothingness. Lucy blushed at the last one as she could remember her lips quivering like some child, she bet that Nyuu inside her did that.

Then memories of the past latched on to her and they burned. She screamed at the pain as the sky completely shut off and a black mist was all around her. She twisted on the grassy spot as the grass became mushy, splashing sounds sounding like mud was behind her back as she laid there. Then she stood up in a shock as she realized what it was.

The grassy area had become a blood ridden place with pieces of meat everywhere.

"Naive insolent child... Enjoying the life of a worthless... Human..."

The stern voice that haunted her talked as she cowered with weak legs

"LEAVE ME ALONE-! I'M NO QUEEN-!!! I HAVE NO LUXURY OR KINGDOM TO SPEAK OF!!!" Lucy said as the voice came back

"... For the moment... Infect the boorish women of humankind... And fill this planet with the ranks of the diclonius... And soon... You will be the only queen to rule"

"NOOO! GET OUT OF MY HEAD-!!!" Lucy fought back the entity as she felt dirty vectors grabbing her head as she ran in the bloody ground as it stained her more and more. She put on the headphone like device and took lead to one direction

As she ran away, she remembered the deaths of her friends as well the events that came before and after.

Being attacked by the military, scientists experimented on her, her escape attempts, Kouta and the rest helping her to be whole again with a family