Versatile

Alex kept his smile and charged right at them as he lightly jumped then rolled with his blade like a spinning saw. He build up speed as the Drones prepared to attack

The formation read the pattern of the spinning disc coming for them, and in coordination they part ways by sliding his way but dodging the blade as they passed by and headed to the sky. The drones went up to the sky and before Alex could stop to turn around, the 6 drones had spread out and vanished from sight.

Alex quickly turned side to side as he scouted the area but all he could see was the clearing sky and hear the silence of the ambience of the morning

"Damn" he said as he tried to hear with a more acute precision "This toys were not made in china"

He began to walk out the area as he kept his eyes in the sky. He sped up his pace and finally got a sight of them as they did too. Two came in one fell swoop but Alex dodged in a backflip corkscrew manuver and double stomped to follow pursuit on the two drones.

The machines were fast but Alex was not one who lacks in that department. He was catching and a few seconds later they were within an arms reach for him. Alex smiled as he formed his claws and was about to swipe them down until another two came to his direction.

He ducked and rolled at the same speed, tumbling down to the earth until he regained his step and without losing momentum or speed was heading to the same two targets.

'Wait-! Why are they not speeding up?' He thought as he saw the two were still side by side as he was sprinting. That's when he heard the same humming from the drones in front of him were mysteriously echoing bakc to back.

He side gazed to the rear and saw the other pair of drones following him on the same beat and eerily aligned to the same degree.

"Don't tell me-!?" Alex cursed at his mind

"DISENGAGE" a robotic voice sounded from the drones around him. Right on cue, the drones blinked a random red and blue pattern then simply begam to vibrate. Alex raised his guard, two arms now in front of him.

The blades then suddenly shoot off them towards the prototype as if it was fired from a rocket launcher.  16 blades in all fired the blades and straight to Alex.

He was about to swat the blades in front of him then roll to the ground and jump away from the middle area of their formation but his instincts made him just jump above them as the blades crossed each other without touching or grazing ome another.

In an areal view, Alex eyes widened as he saw the blades going towards the other drones but instead of terminating each other out the blades were guided to the sockets of the now missing propellers. The drones were about to fall to the ground but in an impressive speed regained their blades. That action quickly levitated them to the same level again and dispersed to the trees out of sight.

Alex landed in a crouch position and looked around "Damn. The blades of the machines seem to be syncronized with..." He gave it a thought then snapped his fingers "Magnetism. The bastards made the drones so they can interchange the blades and cut their enemies in a strategic based formation."

He could hear the drones near but slowly he could hear them less. He wondered why they were getting farther from him until he panicked thinking a possible idea they could be having. Lucy was still asleep! He short jumped as a head start and wemt off running to the direction he knew she was in.

He ran back to las spot he saw Lucy but stopped a distance away as to not be too near as this baddies may need some time to take down. He saw four but wondered where the other two were at. He guessed those two may have seen the last plan fail so it was very like now they will join in on the attack. Before he thought anything else the buzzing of metal return as he stood still on the ground but now he had a change of strategy.