Chapter 18

Rosalie's POV

After dropping Bella off I went for a drive to avoid talking to Alice or Esme.  I knew once I got home after dropping my mate off everyone inside would bombard me with questions.  Especially Esme who I knew would probably talk to me about what happened and eventually would try to reassure me that everything is okay. She would then say Bella is human and that I would just have to take my time easing into a relationship with her.  Alice, however, would probably say that I had the prefect opportunity to kiss Bella and that was why she left the room to give us privacy. 

I know I'm over thinking about everything which is why I'm driving in a different direction than going home because driving helps me to clear my head.

It took me the entire night driving and it seems that luck is on my side; or it's empty because of Alice probably helping me because the house is empty when I finally shut the engine off. I even have just enough time to changed and leave for school without running into anyone since we all hunt before school. I already hunted before I started my drive back to Forks.

I'm the first car in the student parking lot and I park in my usual spot to wait. I sit playing on my phone as my siblings all get here and half of the lot is full and I'm not bothered by anyone and I don't put my phone away until I hear Bella's truck.  I'm glad my family gave me space which I like and when I hear Bella's truck shut off. My personal space is Invaded with Alice opening my door just as my hand was on the door handle.

"You and Bella are at a stalemate Rose.  She hasn't even flirted with you once since she was at the house.  How long are you going to sit idle before you make a move and ask her out?" Alice says is a hushed whisper so the others don't hear.

"I don't know. It's not just me you know, but at least we are friends now." I say in the same hushed tone and I get out of my car and lock it.

Turning and walking to the front of my car I see that Bella is now getting out of her truck and I sit on my hood and wait for her to see if she will come over.

"Friends? Friends don't look at each other the way the both of you look at each other.  Its like you're both playing cat and mouse with one another. She's been the flirt trying to tempt you into acting so you make a move since you are the one that started this whole mess when you bitched her out and sent her crying from the cafeteria. You realize that don't you.  You better hurry the heck up before she puts you in the friends zone for good." She says and before I can turn to look at her and say anything she's already leaving making her way over to Bella's truck and I'm pushing off my car and not too far behind her following.

Bella is pulling her bag out of her truck when she turns her head no doubt hearing us now that we are close to her tuck.
"Hey Alice...Oh, Hi Rosalie." Bella says adjusting her backpack on herself better.

I realize Alice is right hearing. Bella and I clench my fist feeling the dismissal. I feel like an afterthought with her now after the 'oh, hi Rosalie.'

"Hi, Bella are you ready for the weekend? Are you going to be doing anything special?" Alice asks and Bella she pockets her keys and shut her truck door.

"It's just the weekend Alice and no I'm not doing anything special. Why are you? Don't you have a hot date with Jasper?" She says and she puts her arm over Alice's shoulder when she walks up to her and I watch Bella winks at Alice completely ignoring me and I move aside when they start to walk and I follow along side of them like I've been doing all week since the incident.

"How did you know?" Alice asks and Bella chuckles.

"I heard you telling Jasper about the store you wanted to go to while you both went away." She says and Alice actual looked shocked for a second.