Chapter 5

Note: It's been awhile since I've updated and with that, I read through my previous chapters and corrected some mistakes. I hope I got them all, but if not, I hope it's pretty understandable to read. If I missed any mistakes just let me know and I'll do what I can to correct them. Also leave any questions, comments or suggestions for me if you have any.

Anyways here's the next chapter. I hope you all enjoy it and if you do click the ⭐️ star button. It will show me you want to see more and give me the push to keep writing. :)
-----------------------------------------

After discovering she's my mate I can't take my eyes off her and I'm glad she's looking down at her delicate hands in her lap, because it gives me a chance to really look at her since I didn't pay much attention to her body back in the cafeteria. Looking at her, my body tingles in ways I've never felt before and I have the overwhelming sense to touch her.  This is all new to me and it's quite scary and I put my hands under my legs to refrain from touching her. Now I know why the mated couples in my family are constantly touching one another. I mean they explained it was a mate thing, but really this is ridiculous how bad I want to just touch her, even if it's to push her hair behind her ear as my eyes go up to the side of her face that's shielded by her hair much like it did this morning when I first seen her. I'm curious if her hair is as soft as I'm imagining it to be and my hands twitch under my thighs with need to push her hair back and feel it. I shake the thought away and dig my fingers into the tree to anchor myself from touching her.  The wood makes audible crack sounds that are loud enough that a human can hear and I instantly stop from digging into the wood and wait for her to look at me or say something about the noise, but she doesn't look up or give any indication of hearing it.  I exhale with relief with the breath I didn't even realize I was holding and I pull my fingers back slightly and lay them flat against the wood again.  

How can I be so careless to let my human facade slip.  I guess this just further proves that she's my mate because never have I've been this comfortable around a human in my life since my turning.  In fact I've never been this comfortable around any vampires other than those in my family and even with them I hold them at a slight distance.  Either way I have to be extra careful around her since, she is human and that can only end badly if she were to find out about me or my family.  This also reminds me that I've started off on the wrong foot with her. 

"I'm curious. Why did you say that."  She suddenly asks, looking out into the woods in front of us.

"Can you be more specific?"

"Well. You said, that it's a normal response for you. What do you mean by that?" She quickly looks up at me then back down at her hands.  I understand now what she's referring to and I think about it and after awhile I deciding to just be honest with her.

"A lot of people stare and after a while it get's a bit annoying.  I find myself saying things like that kind of on autopilot."  She nods her head more than a couple of times and I can't help but think she understands where I'm coming from. 

"Does it always work for you?"  She quietly asks and looks up at me and back down again.

"Mostly."  I shrug thinking of all the reactions I've gotten over the years and I do have to praise the small amount humans who actually did come up to me, even with the fear still radiating off of them.  Such fools.   

"That's understandable."  I nod looking out into the woods in the direction towards the school and I can hear my siblings talking, wondering where I went off to.

"Lunch is almost over, would you like to walk back with me?"  I ask, still feeling a little apprehensive because of my behavior towards her in the lunchroom and I'm not sure if she truly forgives me for it.  I look for her reaction and I find a hint of a smile on her beautiful face as she nods her head up and down. The sight gives me hope and I find myself smiling a real smile for a change.