01. Like a Fever

Kat hummed a melody aloud for the boys gathered around the table. Her notebook and laptop lay out scattered in front of her as her finger danced on the computer case subconsciously. She felt slightly nervous but, it wasn't a bad nervous—It was a she'd never done this before type of feeling, an exciting one.

She'd never worked with guys her age, she'd only write the songs and have them sent to whoever through her manager. She barely put herself in the situation of having to actually write with someone—Let alone, someones. It wasn't anything personal, she just worked better alone and, she knew that.

She anxiously stared down at the paper. Scribbling over certain words along with some that probably wouldn't be involved in the song at all painted the paper in various places. This wasn't usually how her paper would look but, it was describing her mindset to them more than doing any good.

"How about—" Sunoo asked, breaking the silence and looking up to the girl from across the table. He admired her skills from afar (Always reading her name in the credits of popular pop-songs) and, would ultimately go along with whatever she decided upon.

"We need a concept," Jungwon, the leader of the group, suggested, pointing out the obvious hanging over the room. Kat didn't know if she should bring up the thing she'd been working on. She didn't know much about them besides what her manager had told her and, wasn't sure if it would actually be their vibe. "Like—What were you gonna say, Sunoo?"

"We've not written a love song, really." Well, not since 20 Cube. He waited a second for the members reactions before going on, "What about a love song?"

"A love song?" Niki cringed jokingly. One of the older boys, Jay, smacked him in the back of the head. "Ow!" The youngest protested, swinging his arm to hit him back.

kat giggled at the two before reaching out to the flat metal-rectangle on the table. "Well, if no one opposes, I have been working on this one song." The boys leaned in, Niki raising his hand in another attempt at the joke, however Jungwon had promptly told him, with his eyes, to shut up. "It doesn't have a name, and I guess, it's not really a love song. It's more about desire and Infatuation."

Eyebrows around the room furrowed, the older boys looking between each other like twelve-year olds being told a dirty-joke would.

Kat bit at her lip nervously, still unsure why she had to be writing in-person with the seven of them. She's always just written in the comfort of solitudeShe liked it that way. Something about the gentle pattern of rain or warm sunshine while her pen scribbled was peaceful, mind-numbing and clearing all at once.

"Oh, wait, that makes it sound weird, it's not like that—It's just longing for something so much it has a physical toll on you, you know?"

Heeseung smiled, understanding her point of view, "Like Niki and dancing, boy can't get enough." He huffed out a laugh, mumbling the rest of his sentence in disbelief, "Since he was three is crazy."

Jungwon threw in his own two-cents, "Jay and shopping."

"Sunghoon and ice skating, he's an addict." Said boy scoffed, Kat nodding her head along in approval at their examples, though she really didn't know if they were true.

Sunoo took charge and railed the conversation, "Show us." He solemnly looked at the girl, trying his best to show comfort over their banter.

Kat hesitantly opened the laptop and logged in using her fingerprint. She opened the right apps and found the lyrics so far, it not being complete but she had the gist of it; Enough to make them understand. She obviously didn't think it'd be difficult for the boys to sing or perform, it was just the initial reaction that got her nervous. A feeling she was unfamiliar with, never really having written with others—Only sending the mastered version she'd obsessed over for whatever amount of time.