The Ice Prince and Princess

kat clasped her hands together nervously, taking a breath in and opening the glass doors.

sunghoon and some others asked kat yesterday if she'd like to go skating with them, saying it'd be good for them to connect more, so working together wouldn't be so awkward. but reality was, jay suggested kat as a good candidate for sunghoon to teach—since she was so open to learning the tamed-dashed dance a few days prior, of course.

awaiting her we're exactly who she was expecting, four boys roughhousing amongst themselves. heeseung straightened up when he saw the girl, smacking jungwon in the process. jungwon looked to the older, ignoring kat's presence and being upset he was hit, "hey, kat!" heeseung said, making the rest turn to her.

she laughed, finishing her journey to the boys, "hi!" she cheerily waved as they bowed to her, her awkwardly doing it back.

"we're so glad you're here!" jungwon smiled, speaking for the group. "thank you."

"o-of course! thanks for inviting me." she cursed herself for being so awkward, she just wanted to be friends with them after all. a silence fell upon them, the four boys staring down at her. she cleared her throat, "shall we?" she asked as she motioned to the counter where you get your skates.

"yes! let's go, right now." sunghoon seemed extremely excited, mostly because he loved sharing his second favorite thing in the world with the people he cared for. "like, right now."

kat laughed, catching jay's attention the most, his face flushing a light pink. he thought that it sucked he wasn't wearing any makeup because then he couldn't hide it. he adjusted the beanie on his head, and then his clothes as kat spoke to sunghoon. "i'm a bit of a professional myself, watch out, sunghoon."

said boy scoffed, rolling his eyes, "i heard that's what you said about dancing."

kat's attention turned to jay immediately, his hands shooting up, "it was niki!" he defended, throwing the maknae under the bus.

she turned to sunghoon who just looked away over-innocently, "it wasn't."

she shot back to jay, her mouth hanging open in disbelief, "you bitch!" her hands made a strangling motion, "i was going to help you but—" she huffed, turning away from him in protest.

his hands emphasized his apologies, hoping she was just kidding about ignoring him on the ice, because he wasn't remotely good at skating and he really wanted her to spend more time with him. but kat would be lying if she said she could ignore jay.

they got their skates, sunghoon helping each of them lace them up properly, like children didn't do this. he finally got himself situated, sighing as he stood up—kat laughing because it was something she imagined a father would do. sunghoon put his hands on his hips looking out at the ice rink, furthering kat's imagination.

"okay, let's go before this man has a heart attack."

sunghoon watched as the three other boys got up, following kat's suggestion. it seemed as if kat was completely comfortable in the skates, which to sunghoon shocked him because he thought jay was setting her up for failure; but maybe she wasn't lying about being good, he thought.

sunghoon watched kat laugh at the boys, jay moving like a tortoise with broken legs. sunghoon watched kat move swiftly behind jay, arms supporting him from inches away. "you've done this before?" he asked from a far.