Sister Heart-to-Heart

mars and kat had broke off from the group once their practice had started, sol saying it was too distracting—like they hadn't been doing it since 2013 (and earlier); but they left, respecting her wishes.

they went into an empty studio, one yoongi would use often, taking seats next to each other.

"i want honesty." mars stated out of the blue.

kat sat in a shocked expression, "what?" she asked like she didn't hear exactly what mars had just said. "what do you mean?"

"you know exactly what i mean." she pushed her hands together, shifting her body to face kat. "tell your sister what's up."

kat still sat like mars had requested something outrageous, "i-i've told you, it's not what you guys think."

"yeah, i've definitely used that one before."

kat rolled her eyes, "fine." she didn't know why she was good at giving in, especially with mars; maybe it was because mars was just an older version of her. "he called me cute."

her eyebrows rose at the admittance, "and?"

"i did too."

"oh my god." mars whispered lowly, "oh my god!" she repeated, "oh my god..you're serious!"

"no shit, mars!" kat whined, throwing her head back, "help me!" she whined even louder.

mars stifled a laugh, "it sounds like you already did the work." kat groaned, lifting her head back up.

"shut up. be serious please, i'm dying here!"

"oh to be nineteen."

kat chuckled, earning a death glare from mars, "old!" she shouted, pointing her finger. "you're old!"

mars smacked kat's finger away, "shut the fuck up, at least i admitted to my boyfriend that i liked him." kat sat back rubbing at her finger, which didn't actually hurt.

kat pouted her lips, "how'd you do it?"

mars looked solemnly at the brunette, knowing she wasn't joking anymore. "exactly like you, kat."

kat's eyes flicked to mars, she scanned her face for a hint telling her that it wasn't true, but it seemed mars wasn't lying at this moment. "you're doing just fine, kat." mars placed a hand over her sisters, "we're just giving you a hard time."

the brunette bit her lip, "yeah?"

"what kind of sister would i be if i didn't make fun of you?" mars asked retorically, pinching the younger's cheek. kat swatted her away, breaking into a smile.

kat gave her an answer anyways, "a nice one." she stated, completely serious—even a bit of harshness lacing her tone. mars was taken aback for just a moment before brushing it off. "but you're the only person who's always been here for me."

the older brunette stuck her tongue out a little, playfully, "and i always will be, i love you kitty cat."

said girl groaned, "stop!" she whined in protest, "i hate that nickname."

"i'm going to tell jay about it."

"do you want to die?"

"bold of you to assume you could catch me lacking, kitty cat."

kat smiled mischievously, "yoongi just lets me in, so bold of you to assume i couldn't." she narrowed her eyes, but mars wouldn't falter.

mars scoffed, "well damn, when'd you get so scary?" she asked sarcastically, falling back into the chair as her arms crossed over her (boyfriend's) brown sweatshirt.

"fuck off." kat waved her off, copying the girls prior movements, "but—i love you too." mars turned her nose away like she didn't want kat to know that it made her happy to hear those words, especially from her; who doesn't just throw them around to anyone.

kat's been hurt, and mars knows that, so she never wanted the girl to actually be upset because of her. especially because they've both been abandoned from people who claimed to love them.

 especially because they've both been abandoned from people who claimed to love them