I Don't Dance

kat sat patiently as she scrolled through twitter, occasionally laughing when she'd see something she liked—it caught jay's attention every time, but the boy had to keep himself together and concentrate on the move he's been trying to get right.

"jay, it's like this," niki stated, showing the boy once again, "like this." jay nodded slowly, lingering on the girl who happen to be in his sight line.

the choreographer had left a while ago, along with most of the members, only leaving sunoo, niki and jay (and kat) in the studio because they insisted on practicing more.

jay crossed his arms, "kat, you want to learn?"

kat's eyes grew wide at his voice, her head slowly becoming level, "w-what?"

"come on!" sunoo ran over to her grabbing her arms like a child trying to get their parent to come see, "it'll be fun."

she hesitantly got up, sunoo attaching himself  in the crook of her elbow and bringing her to the middle, "i don't dance, though."

niki scoffed almost like it insulted him, "anyone can dance if they try."

kat raised her eyebrows, "i don't think that's true, ki." but niki was sure.

she joined the boys sides anyway, standing between jay and sunoo. niki took the front, positioning himself in the starting pose for 'tamed-dashed'—kat rolled her eyes, knowing this dance wasn't even easy for mediocre dancers to do.

"you're kidding, right?" niki deadpanned in response, his eyes glaring daggers at her. "my bad, didn't mean to interrupt you time." sunoo let out one laugh, but silenced himself when niki gave him the same deathly stare. "anyways, don't let me stop you." she waved her a hands for him to go on.

he started the dance slowly, sunoo and jay doing their own version of it with barely any movement. they didn't want to hurt kat's feelings, though she knew, obviously well, that they could do this dance in their sleep.

she stopped the boy, breaking him from his teacher zone, "slow down, ki, i can't keep up." he started over with a scoff, going even slower, which still wasn't slow enough for kat. "niki, i swear on everything you love, if you don't go step by step i'll—"

"o-okay! okay!" sunoo laughed out at niki, "i get it, kat."

sunoo put his arms about kat's shoulders, giving her a hug from behind. "our little psychopath." he nuzzled his head into her hair, causing a giggle to break out between the two.

jay pushed down the feeling of jealously, knowing that his friend wasn't trying to flirt with the girl, this was just how sunoo was—the feeling of guilt taking it's place.

"i-um, y-yeah—" jay stuttered, fearing he was sounding like an idiot, though kat didn't even comprehend what he was trying to say.

"okay, i'll go slow," niki dragged out, "slow."

kat rolled her eyes at him, but ultimately followed as he got into the starting position—sunoo and jay doing the same.

"no funny business."

niki silently agreed, doing his best to show the girl how to do it, but he didn't exactly know how to teach someone who doesn't dance, or never really has. he was used to the choreographer doing that, and then helping out while they practiced together.

"kat!" niki whined, interrupting her attempt to follow along. "kat, that's wrong."

"no shit, ki. i can't do it!"

"jay, help her!" said boy became stunned, literally too stunned to speak back, or even take in what niki had ordered him to do.

sunoo lightly smacked niki, "don't be disrespectful, we're all still older than you." niki embarrassingly apologized, but none of them really thought much of it.  "anyways—"