That Episode of I-Land... Again

it had a been a few months since the first time kat met the members of enhypen, who she'd soon call good friends. they never once made her feel unimportant, treating her, respectfully, like the center of a world—not their world—but someone's. but this action wasn't in a way that was unhealthy or toxic, it was a well mixed and healthy relationship the members had between themselves and kat's presence.

"what are we watching!" niki shouted as he jumped the couch, plopping down next to the girl. kat covered her poor ear from the screech, laughing a little. "oh! i'm sorry." niki shouted; solemnly.

jay walked over, staring at the two like a lost puppy when he stopped in front of them. kat caught herself before she pushed niki away, letting the boy stay next to her. instead of telling niki to move, like he wanted, jay sat on the floor in front of kat's legs. he compromised with himself, and the two others around him, non-verbally.

there was no competition, because kat felt the same; but they both just wouldn't say it—though it was obvious. the stares, the wanting to be next to each other, their hands brushing together when they'd walk too close.

"a horror!" niki suggested, "how about it?"

kat's eyebrows knit together, "with him?" she questioned, pointing down at jay. niki laughed as jay turned around, using kat's knees as leverage. his mouth was open in disbelief.

"i'm not scared!"

"you're a liar!"

niki was laughing harder at the two as they continued to fight about how jay was a scaredy-cat.

"you've never even—"

kat's face dropped, as well as her voice, "videos, dumbass." jay fell silent, knowing she was right. "you even get scared of ghost stories!" jay still sat shocked as niki's sound waves echoed around the room, "yeah, i watched that episode of I-Land." she recalled the episode, laughing to herself as jay scoffed. "you and jake." she tisked, shaking her head at him. he playfully swatted her knee as a way of telling her to stop—but she just stuck her tongue out at him and agreed with niki; they should watch a horror. to prove herself right, not so jay would look for comfort in the girl as he got scared, no, of course not; but kat's ulterior motives were clear.

some of the other boys, jungwon, heeseung and jake (another scaredy-cat) joined them. kat couldn't hold back a laugh as the australian sat on the couch, taking niki's side. he looked at the girl confused, then at niki who joined in laughing at him. he eyed jay for an explanation but just got a shrug in reply, settling back down on the floor between kat's knees.

they started the movie shortly after kat and niki stopped polluting the air with their laughter, earning protests from jake who hadn't realized it was scary. but sunoo came jogging in at the noise, claiming it was one of his favorites and sitting in the free chair off to the side.

kat smiled at the boys who looked so happy to be watching this movie, even if some of them were watching through parted fingers. kat was usually jumpy, but something about being surrounded by these men calmed her nerves; making it easy to enjoy this movie instead of the alternative.

jake let out a shout, making jay jump against kat and niki stifle a laugh; though he jumped too. sunoo laughed like a psychopath at the screen, kat joining him in the action (mostly at the scaredy-cat duo). jungwon looked between them all like they were crazy, thinking heeseung was the only normal one amongst these abnormal people he adored wholeheartedly.