Attack Of Beauty

"kat!" mars jumped back, clasping her heart, "what the hell?"

"oh my gosh, don't die from my sudden attack of beauty."

mars let go on her sweatshirt, turning away from the younger, "shut up."

kat wanted to spit it out, but she didn't. she took her sisters side, looking over the computer. "so," she sang, "what're you doing?"

"obviously, working on something."

kat's eyes narrowed at the blunt-ness. not even a joke? she thought. "well, alright. i guess i'll leave you to it." her sister hummed in approval, as kat started to slowly walk away. she let out a sigh, apparently not audible enough for the older to care—so, she did it again.

mars turned around, irritated, "what?" she also sighed, "what could you do desperately want to tell me."

kat shot her hand to her chest, like she'd just been accused of a heinous crime, "me? what makes you think i need to tell you something." mars laughed in frustration from her younger. "what if you're the one who desires to tell me something."

mars whined, "kat, why are you talking like that? just tell me!"

she smirked, "anticipation is killing you, mars."

"no, you're just annoying and i have work to do."

"damn. i see."

kat took her sisters side once again, spinning like a mother just told her kid they could get the toy; potentially bouncing on her heels.

her phone made its way from her pocket and into het palm, quickly pulling up the song kat just wrote. "don't call me a simp."

jay took the paper, reading over the words they came up with. "you're such a simp." he smiled, rereading 'polaroid love' over and over again. he eventually started reading the entire chorus, liking the way it sounded.

kat groaned snatching the notebook from him, "fine, if i'm a simp then...it's my song."

jay laughed, taking the paper back, "no, it's not."

"yeah?" she teased, "then you're a simp too."

he looked kat in the eyes, admiring what he got to call his—finally, "i'll be whatever you want me to be."

she shied away, her features turning a shade of pink, "then don't change." she whispered, feeling her hands being tugged by his own.

'it's like a polaroid love.
love, that old-fashioned feeling.
but my heart is racing.
why am i like this?'

"kat!" mars giggled, "you're such a simp."

said girl already knew that as soon as the pencil started writing on the paper. jay knew it when he started helping her the moment he read it over her shoulder.

kat's never written natural love songs, but this one didn't feel unnatural. this one felt like it was finally real, something she's longed to feel. every human wants to be accompanied, it's nature; that's why the cruelest punishment is solitary confinement.

she liked how she felt around jay, even if she couldn't describe it with words in any dictionary. too complicated and special to even try. it's like nothing would suffice. but she knew it, and she knew it well.

"yeah," she admitted, "i very much am."

and mars didn't need to say it, for kat to know (her face giving it away) that she was happy for the two of them, and that mars would always be on kat's side. she was rooting for the best outcome, but she'd be there even if it wasn't.

mars loved kat, there was no doubt, and kat loved mars. there was no one who was more supportive of mars and yoongi than kat was, and now it's no different for the teenagers.

"good."