03. lychee soju

"if i would have known that you
wanted me, the way i wanted you.
then maybe we wouldn't be two
worlds apart."

          "may i take this seat then?" he asks, pointing at the one beside kyorin

          "may i take this seat then?" he asks, pointing at the one beside kyorin. she slowly nods, scooting herself a bit to make more room.

          the black haired boy sits himself next to kyorin, opening up the plastic bag. he twists open the bottle of soju with the sounds of the seal snapping. kyorin grinned with the relief of drinking something she actually liked.

          "so what's a girl like you doing out here when there's a party inside? shouldn't you be having fun?" he asked, taking a sip of the soju in his hand. it's a wonder that he didn't know who kyorin was, considering she was well-known somewhat on campus. she was the type that everyone knew existed but wasn't at that level to be recognized the same way jay was.

          he passes the alcoholic beverage to kyorin, with her taking a sip from it as well. the intense burn of the drink hitting the back of her throat as she gulps it down. kyorin leans back into the swinging chair before looking at him, "i'm the designated driver and i don't feel like being inside. the sky looks pretty tonight so i didn't wanna miss out on it. what about you?"

           "me? ah, well my girlfriend—ex girlfriend is probably in there." he says in a low tone. sadness yet anger was present in his voice. kyorin's expression dropped, feeling bad for him for just a split second until her face turned sour.

          kyorin squinted her eyes at him, "so you're gonna let her be the reason you're not having fun tonight?"

          he shifts his gaze to kyorin, staring at her features before answering, "aren't you the designated driver? you're literally drinking."

          "i don't get drunk easily, don't worry about it," kyorin replies, "but actually, you should go inside. have fun."

          "you saw what happened this morning." jay says, grabbing the bottle from kyorin to take a much longer drink from the bottle. the brunette stared at him with pity.

          "sorry about that, you guys were loud so it was hard not to listen." kyorin replied truthfully. even if she tried to ignore what she heard, it wouldn't work.

          jay pressed a pitiful, weak smile against his lips, "i should've seen it coming, i knew i wouldn't be good for her."

          hearing his words made kyorin upset, she could see the amount of love he has for chaerin. part of her was sad too as she did have history with chaerin as well. the gloomy look in his eyes expressed the numerous amount of sorrow he was feeling, and she couldn't do much about it.