33. coffee & ice cream

even if my heart stops beating,
you're the only thing i need, ooh
with me. even if the earth starts,
you're the only thing worth taking,
ooh, with me.

antsy in her chair, she tapped her foot relentlessly beneath her shared desk with nari

antsy in her chair, she tapped her foot relentlessly beneath her shared desk with nari. the two of them sat in the back closer to the door. her phone sat on her desk as she waited for a response. nari was standing and looking out their classroom window into the hall, looking for yoojin. their classmates were too busy to notice the nervous kyorin but nari couldn't ignore it once she realized that she wasn't looking for yoojin with her.

"hey, are you okay? you've been a bit off lately," nari poked at kyorin.

the brunette looked at her friends and briefly smiled, "yeah, i'm just waiting for a response that's all."

liar. all kyorin wanted was a message from jaemin. she was nervous and worried about what would she'd have to do when she sees jay. does she pretend to forget what happened?

"well, you're not skipping lunch with us today to study. you've missed out on too many things and i want to tell you everything going on with me and jake," nari boasted, nearly squealing about her new boyfriend.

kyorin stuck a finger in her mouth and pretended to gag, "i would rather throw myself down a flight of stairs, thank you for asking,"

"come on! you asked me when it started!" nari pouted as she sat back down in her seat. kyorin flipped her phone upside down with the back facing up. she crossed her arms as she shifted herself to be face to face with her friend.

"i only said that because i didn't see you and jake, of all people, getting together," kyorin explained.

nari faked an offended expression, "are you saying he's not good for me? what about jay, hm? what if he's still hung up about chaerin?"

it was a joke but somehow, it stung.

kyorin shook her head as she bitterly smiled, "i doubt it. i told him i wouldn't be with him if he was,"

"that's so cute, yet so gross," nari playfully rolled her eyes. she nudged her friend and as soon as she did, her phone buzzed.

jaem
11:16am

i can bring u food if u want
it'd be just a little late but i
can wait for u after school?

i only have one class today so
lmk !

kyorin had asked the boy to come over after school. she wanted to talk over her feelings as she felt she could only tell him those things at the moment. she liked his message before nari pulled her by her arm. nari had a firm grip on her arm as she pulled her out of kyorin's seat, "let's go! yoojin says she's just gonna meet us in the auditorium for the assembly!"