20. not a homewrecker

if you ever go, all the songs
that we like will sound like
bittersweet lullabies. lost in
the blue, they don't love me
like you do.

"are you gonna go, rinnie?" nari asked as she carried her textbooks in her arms

"are you gonna go, rinnie?" nari asked as she carried her textbooks in her arms. deep down, she dreaded knowing that she was going to be forced to study but she preferred to be there with her friends anyways.

"go where?" kyorin raised an eyebrow of confusion as she slid open the door to the study hall. her expression intensified as her friend wasn't alone.

yoojin was sat next to sunghoon and the pair seemed to be going over calculus. the two seemed to be rather close as she went over the problem with him. sunghoon's eyebrows were knitted in a daze. he tapped his pencil against the workbook before he changed his attention to the girls who stood in the doorway.

"hey there," kyorin said, bowing her head slightly while lugging a chair out from the table. sunghoon turned a reddish shade at the cheeks as he lowered his head politely. nari looked at sunghoon with piercing eyes as she couldn't forget how his girlfriend had treated kyorin a couple days prior.

"i mean to the game! because you know, your boyfriend is playing," nari asked, ignoring sunghoon. kyorin peeled more material out of her backpack when her eyes widened at the thought of her forgetting.

"that's today?!" kyorin said, her jaw dropping in shock. she fished her phone out of her pocket to check the time. she found no new messages from her false lover but she did find a reminder that she swiped away the morning of. a sigh escaped her lips, when she realized sunghoon's eyes were locked on her, "are you okay?"

"not really, i'm mildly embarrassed right now," sunghoon bluntly says. kyorin raised an eyebrow before nari let out another comment of her own.

"you should be, maybe next time you should learn to keep your girlfriend on a leash," nari bitterly said. yoojin gave her a stern look which allowed nari to prevent herself from saying more.

sunghoon pursed his lips before nodding, "yes, i do take partial part of the blame for not stopping her. in all honesty, i never would have assumed she would do that. it's so out of character for her so i apologize in her behalf, kyorin."

kyorin half smiled, "it's fine, i got over it. honestly, it hurt but it won't matter in five years. might as well just let it go, right?"

"really? that's it?" nari asked in disbelief.

yoojin rolled her eyes and tapped on nari's books, "maybe you should get to studying, it might help you see why she did that."

"anyways, what are you doing with yoojin for? we're in the same class, i'm offended you didn't ask me for whatever help you need," kyorin said, faking a hurt tone.

"calculus and english," sunghoon replied as he picked up his workbook. kyorin's eyes widened and shook her head.

"nevermind, going to her was a better pick." kyorin hissed while shaking her head. nari giggled a little bit, knowing kyorin was the worst person to go to concerning english.