09. red velvet brownies

"i've waited a hundred years
and i'd wait a million more
for you. "

the two of them stared at the contract that they just made, in a bit of awe as they realized that it was real

the two of them stared at the contract that they just made, in a bit of awe as they realized that it was real. whatever they were doing had become a reality. yet it was all because of the light string that decorated their pinkies in a nice bow at the touch of one another.

"should we play a game while i'm here?" jay proposes. he twirled the same polar bear plushie in his hands as he waits for an answer. kyorin takes an image of the contract and starts printing a copy for both of them to keep while she kept the original copy safe.

kyorin turns to face him, "what game? don't you have something else to do?"

"not really, i already ditched my friends to come here. might as well make my time here a worthwhile, right?" he says, shrugging his shoulders as he paces himself around the room. he stopped at the wall of images that decorated one of her walls. many of them included polaroid pictures of her and her friends while others were just printed images of different scenery.

"what do you suppose we play then, " kyorin sits crisscrossed on her bed. jay shuffles towards her and sits right across from her, copying her position.

the two of them sat in her dimmed room, jay now having a sly smirk on his face. kyorin could only clutch onto her plushie and she waited for an answer from the boy in front of her. jay takes a smaller plushie from her bed, holding it before speaking, "how about we play 21 questions?"

kyorin raised an eyebrow, "that's it?"

jay shifted himself to lay against her pillows, with her just sitting beside him. he nods as he places the plushie against his chest, "why not? we have to get to know each other if we're gonna date."

"for your information, we're not actually dating. you say that too casually, jay." kyorin shakes her head. the thought of dating jay still had a bitter taste in her mouth as she did not want this in the first place.

jay patted the pillow behind her to lay down, making kyorin raise an eyebrow in confusion, "just lay down, i feel like i'm talking to your back."

hesitantly, she lays back as she kicks out her legs to extend them along her bed. the surge of awkwardness was running through her body. she turns her head to find jay now laying on his side. he used his arm to prop his head, "ladies first."

"alright, um let's see," kyorin says, now turning her body to face him. they both laid in the same position, just about a pillow apart, "what's your favorite season?"

"autumn, it isn't too hot or too cold. it's the perfect weather," jay replied, playing with the smooth material of her pillows. he didn't say it, but it was also the season that he and chaerin got together.