38. salt in the wound

from the moment i lived, i knew
you were the one. and no matter
whatever i do, i will never not think
about you.

the brunette threw down her luggage on her bed, unzipping it open

the brunette threw down her luggage on her bed, unzipping it open. jay stood beside her, wanting to help her unpack before he did his own. he nudged her while giving her a supportive smile while kyorin wore a frown on her face. he wrapped an arm around her and rubbed her shoulder, "hey, you'll be fine,"

"i would rather lay in a landfill and die there," kyorin replied in a monotone.

she had no clue where her roommate was but everyone in the cabin was given an hour to settle things down before they do the first activity. jay scooped kyorin into his arms and rested his head a top of hers. kyorin sighed as she lazily wrapped her arms around him. jay rubbed soothing circles into her back as he swayed her a bit, "it's just one week,"

"one week of hell that's probably going to drive me crazy just sleeping in the same room as her?" kyorin groaned, making jay chuckle.

"i can guarantee that everyone in this cabin can agree that we don't really like her," jay attempted to cheer her up.

"but isn't she like besties with jake and sunghoon? heeseung too?" kyorin questioned, pulling back from the hug but keeping each other in each others arms. jay nodded with uncertainty.

"sunghoon just keeps the peace, he really only considers me and jake his closest friends," jay clarified. he let out a small chuckle, "and to be fair, i'm sure he played nice because she's his ex's best friend,"

"you know, you make a really good point there," kyorin admitted. before they could utter another word to the other, a subtle knocking caused them to look towards the door. in the doorway, their housemates trickled into the Rin room.

nari plopped onto the bed opposite of kyorin, "now how the fuck did she manage to get into this cabin?"

"how does that even work? none of us put her on the roommates list," yoojin scoffed, sitting on kyorin's bed beside the opened suitcase.

kyorin shrugged as she let go of jay, "i'm as clueless as both of you,"

"all three of you don't like chae? but why?" jake questioned, earning a jab at the side by sunghoon.

sunghoon pinched the bridge of his nose in disappointment, "dude? there are things that aren't our business?"

"but it's chae! it can't possible be that bad," jake made a point. for the rest, it may not be a big deal but for kyorin it meant everything. she hated being her shadow and that wasn't going to stop now just because they were roommates.