07. his second choice

"with all of the mistakes i've made,
from all the letters that i've saved,
this is everything i didn't say."

          "i still think coke would've been a better option," nari says, carrying the plastic bag of small snacks for her friend

          "i still think coke would've been a better option," nari says, carrying the plastic bag of small snacks for her friend. yoojin walks beside her, carrying a cup holder of drinks from the convenience store down the street.

          "she loves this latte though," yoojin replies, staring down at the cup of a matcha latte. unlike kyorin, nari doesn't particularly like matcha so seeing that flavor being kyorin's go to makes her stomach churn.

           "i know, but don't you think it's a bit unhealthy that she drinks that nearly every other day." nari asks, looking up to see a small gathering crowd by kyorin's classroom. yoojin raises an eyebrow in confusion while shifting her gaze to nari. nari's eyes were merely observing the crowd as the two of them inched closer to the classroom, "maybe we're missing out on something? who knows, maybe kyorin's doing something that people find interesting."

          yoojin was about to retort with another one of her blunt statements when a sudden weight falls upon her shoulders, causing her to yet again shift her gaze to whatever or whoever it may be. her eyes fell upon the same dark, brown eyes that she adored. her heart picked up its own pace while she stopped breathing for just a moment. his hair swept across his forehead as he looks forward with his elbow resting on her shoulder, "do you have any clue why they're together?"

          "aye, it can't be too bad." another voice speaks, causing her gaze on the person to shift to the opposite side of her, where nari was supposed to be. instead she was replaced with the familiar puppy-like, boy who was greatly known as the one and only, jake sim. yoojin's gaze turns back to the boy using her as an armrest.

          "yeah but they barely know each other, it's weird. don't you think?" he asks, glancing at yoojin. yoojin turns her head away, not wanting to make eye contact. the once overly confident, yet explosive friend has her mouth now sewn shut.

          nari let out a small giggle before replying to the taller boy, "we have no clue what you're talking about. our friend is in there but that crowd by the door is kinda ruining our chances."

          sunghoon raised an eyebrow, removing his arm from yoojin's shoulder. instead, he crosses his arms and points, "you mean the one in there right now?"

         "yeah. that's why. they act like studying alone is such a thing to talk about." nari says, oblivious of the situation.

          jake shook his head, clicking his tongue. he reaches his hand out to hold the bag of snacks for nari, "your little friend is literally not alone."