27. slumped luvr boy

i know given a chance, i'd do it
again. cause i can't help myself,
cause i can't stop myself. i just
love being a fool for you.

"i'd choose you," jay shrugged, using his chopsticks to stir his ramen

"i'd choose you," jay shrugged, using his chopsticks to stir his ramen. he seemed so unbothered yet kyorin felt her heart drop to the pit of her stomach. his response caused her to freeze and blink rapidly. her facial expression made jay reach out for her cheek, "you okay?"

her heart was beating a thousand miles once more and she felt like she needed to take a lap around her house. anything to calm her down but all she could do was stay frozen against his touch.

she never noticed it, but his hands were soft to the touch against her cheek. she brought up her own hand to remove his hand from her face and brought it back down to his side. kyorin cleared her throat, "thanks, that makes me feel a lot better,"

jay was disappointed she removed his hand from her face. his expression temporarily dropped until he pressed his lips into a small, reassuring smile. he nodded, "well, that's good. anything for you, angel."

there he goes again, she thought to herself. she glanced at her phone, noticing the time had gone by a lot quicker than she had expected. in fact, it was already 10 in the evening and jay had been staying with her since six, "is there anything else with me that you need?"

"oh right, what do you want to dress up as for halloween? jake's throwing a halloween party and you know, we have to go," jay asked.

disappointment on her face, kyorin rolled her eyes, "at this rate, i'll get tired of booze,"

jay laughed at her sullen expression, thinking about how she had to calm herself down by taking shots at the last party. he cocked his head to the side, "you know, you don't have to drink,"

"i do if i don't want to be antsy the whole time," kyorin deadpanned, taking in another slurp of her ramen. she looked up at her cork board and took notice of all of the pictures of cartoons she had. kyorin plucked a picture off of the board and holds it up beside jay's head. he looked at her confused while she stuffed a laugh, "we should be starfire and robin,"

"huh? why them specifically?" jay raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"the fuck you mean why? you literally look like robin," kyorin softly smiled. though he disagreed, he took the picture of robin from her hand and looked at the printed image of the said character.

"fine, just for you then."

***

@kokorin