16. now & never again

"this was the very first page
not where the storyline ends.
my thoughts will echo your
name until i see you again."

the raven haired boy raises an eyebrow out of confusion but after a couple seconds of staring at her, he pulls a smirk before walking towards her bed, "do you want me to hold you that bad?"

"never mind, you ruined the moment; sit your ass back down." kyorin says, throwing a pillow at his face. jay catches the pillow in a swift movement but ignores her. kyorin's face is sour with a disgusted expression as he flops down next to her. as she's sat up right, he's laying on his stomach with his chin propped on the palm of his hands.

"no, no. you said you'd tell me. now you have to tell me, don't go back on your word like a pussy," jay says, nudging her side.

kyorin rolls her eyes, "you're a pain in the ass, i hope you know that and die knowing that you're a pain specifically in my ass."

jay adjusts himself to lay on his back while kyorin remained in her upright position. she grabs onto one of her plushies and slightly craddles it for comfort. she lets a heavy sigh, "you better not tell anyone. not even yoojin or nari know, got it? if they ask me about it, i will actually drag you with your car."

"not very nice of you, angel but sure. my lips are sealed just for you," jay says, closing his eyes will nodding.

"me and chaerin used to be friends, really good friends. like we used to be attached at the hip," kyorin lets out a small laugh, remembering the simpler times. the times when they played princesses together and played mermaids in the pools. the simpler times.

jay lets his jaw drop briefly, "you and chaerin. friends? you're joking."

"sometimes i wish i was, but yes we were friends and the bestest of friends. for a while we were at least. she was the face for everything. she always got the good grades and the highest marks on everything," kyorin fiddles with her fingers. her heart pounded with much more anxiousness with every round her finger made.

jay opens his eyes and looks at her face. her eyes were focused out the window, where the moon had reflected itself through the window. kyorin visibly sighs, "and i was her sidekick which everyone liked to put it. i was always there, ready to catch her if she ever fell. because that's what friends do."

the expression on her face was sullen and jay's smitten expression turned into a frown. he almost felt guilty for trying to pry the story out of her, "if you don't feel comfortable telling me just yet i can always wait, angel. i really don't mind if you aren't comfortable sharing."

she shook her head, "i want to. it might make things easier for us to not fall in love anyways."

"mmm, i doubt that. who can resist me?" jay replies, waving his hand around his face. kyorin lets out a small laugh.