Dancing with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight

Inside of the castle, Vara was with Tari as he figured to give video games a shot. The two then competed at each other at a fighting game for awhile and to Tari's surprise, Vara learned to play very fast and even won against her. 

Tari: Wow, you did amazing! You swore you never played a game?

Vara: I had a little portable device back in Hell. I do have a habit to adapt fast and learn. *stands up* That was a good game, Tari. Up for the next game next time?

Tari: Yep. You got it. 

The two fist bump as Vara leaves Tari's room and heads into the main lobby. He then finds Meggy and SMG4 having a crisis. 

SMG4: Ugh, that cat is very fast!

Meggy: It really is?

Vara: Cat? What do you mean by cat?

SMG4: Oh, thank god. Vara, we found a black cat prowling around the castle and we chased it everywhere, but couldn't catch it.

They then hear a meow as the black cat leaves the castle by going outside in the night. 

Vara: I'll get it.

Vara then leaves the two and starts to walk after the black cat. The cat looked back numerous times to make sure Vara was follow as it then kept leading him on into the forest. As Vara kept on leading into the forest, he begins to grow slightly suspicious.

Vara: 'Okay... this is very deep in the forest, is she trying to lead me somewhere? ... '

That was when he begins to notice. As soon as the black cat disappeared, Vara stopped as he held on his sword for a moment, looking around to find who was watching him. After twisting and turning, the wind picks up little as Vara felt a little tingly feeling on his back. As he begins to look up, the sky changes into a dark purple and black hue as Vara notices who it was that casted it. 

Vara: Oh no.... This can only mean one thing.

He then drew his blade as he looked behind him to find a familiar Nekomata sitting on top of a tree, happy to see him again. 

Vara: I knew this was your doing... Kuroka. 

Kuroka: Long time no see~ We don't talk alot anymore~

Vara: I had some little reasons to not. And that was the rumors surrounding you. You cause alot of trouble.

Kuroka: Ever the more perceptive~ I did tell you about my past, and you don't buy it?~

Vara: That I'm still tied to. Even with my book, I can't exactly get into the Underworld. 

He then sheathes his blade as she jumps down from the branch.

Vara: Look, I know how much you want me to clear you name, but I can't do it that easily. Even if I did manage to come across the "Great Maou" as you say, I don't think they would believe me.