-CHAPTER 2-

You're sipping from my glass of whiskey, and

They're playin' Whitney from the 90s, yeah
Under the red light at our table

Why don't we stop the pointless convo

KAGEYAMA TOBIO

There are times that I knew I am dumber than Hinata but I won't admit that.

There are times but I am not completely dumber than that shrimp.

I wanted to go back to the time the moment I saw her look, she seems emotionless, like a robot with nothing to show. She seems bored to everything, she don't hold any interest when our classmates are congratulating her, she only stand there for respect.

When I stand in front of her I heard my classmates murmur.

"He is being bold, e?"

"Don't care what'll they do to each other after this, I only need a tea to refresh my drained brain."

"Confessing or what? Get a room you two."

"But I don't think that Kageyama-san is like that."

"He is volleyball freak so maybe ask something about volleyball since L/N-san did well"

They are so annoying. L/N-san's long nail tap her desk, is she irritated on my presence? There is nothing to be worried about but here I am overthinking. Damn my brain. There is no reason I should be scared on her presence even though she is a bit scary on court.

Her receives are amazing. It is a beauty, there is no sound, as if a shadow is supporting us no matter where the ball is supposed to land on our side she is there, she is like an extension of the ball. I know my senpai will kill me if I said she could surpass him on receiving and I know my other senpai on Aoba Johsai will definitely badmouth me if I said her serves seems more interesting compared to him.

She is a hidden treasure, I found something that our team will need. I just know it.

"L/N-san.." she look up to me. Someone could be more quiet than me.. it's embarrassing how I can see myself to her. "What?" She asked, "I only invite you to eat with me, is there a problem."

"N-nothing" Fuck this tongue for stuttering. "You can say no after all your teammates probably already asked you." I immediately shake my head, "no I mean L/N-san let's go"

"Tell me how is your team."

Like how the sky just gives its way for the sun I saw that this is the opportunity to make her like volleyball, L/N-san is a good listener, she eats but she never failed to look directly on my face just to tell she is listening. She don't comment a lot since she knows nothing that's why I have to start from the start.

I don't mind it but she is still hesitant to ask.

"A bunch of good crows I guess.." She commented and open her bag to get her wet tissue, "it's nice to have that.." L/N next action surprised me. It flustered me.

"You keep saying stuff that you forgot to eat." She took my chopsticks and she spoon fed me. She still don't hold any emotion even in the middle of embarrassing situation, "I'll feed you something so you can still talk."

"Talk so I don't have to." It's an order and I did what she wanted, it flustered me, my ears can say it.

-
"Hey do you think Kageyama is fine?" Hinata whispered to Suga-san making him earn a glare from me, "You don't even know how to whisper, boke!" Suga-san look at me "Ehh I don't think there is a prob-" he stop and examine my body up and down "-yup there is a problem why he is grinning like an idiot?!" Sugawara senpai finished his sentence.
"he is already an idiot" Tsukishima said. I hate his remarks no- I hate his whole being.