-CHAPTER 3-

They are annoying, but they are amazing.

MAKI L/N

If you are wondering what are my thoughts when it is my time to play the volleyball well here it is

Just don't drop the ball

The opposing team have a huge advantage because they are all experienced compared to me.

I don't even know what are the rules, I did not even bother to ask them since it is embarrassing. Just don't drop the ball and you will win.
It doesn't matter if your spike is not as strong as the ace spikes as long as you can connect to the ball that is enough. That is how I summarized the volleyball.

Daichi-san let me choose on who I can team up with.

I chose Sugawara-san. Sugawara-san is not a regular member but he have a good social skills (based on what I saw) that I needed to connect to the team it'll benefit me since I am surrounded by strangers I also chose Hinata-san, Kageyama's spiker that I will admit that without Kageyama-san as his setter he is nothing but I chose him because he is a natural decoy and my last teammate is Tsukishima-san he have salty remarks, so full to himself and hard to communicate with but having a height to block is huge advantage.

Daichi-san teammates are Kageyama-san, Tanaka-san, and Nishinoya-san.
I don't think we can win but it is okay for me since it will be my last interaction to this club.

And I am incorrect.

"you know that we cannot win since they have the king, right?" Tsukishima-san raised his eyebrows. Man I hate talking and explaining to mindless people, "don't care it is small chance or what. Just cooperate." I exclaimed looking directly on his eyes, he just look at me and I notice he gulp.

I scared him weren't I?

Ennoshita-san blew the whistle signaling that we are starting.
Sugawara-san serves first it is a normal serve and Nishinoya-san receives it easily, his reaction is so fast and amazing, full of elegance and passion and Kageyama-san set it to the energetic wing spiker, Tanaka-san. Tsukishima-san is late to block it but at least he got 'one touch'.

Is it the right term? But one thing I know timing is what Tsukishima-san don't have right now.

I received the ball and waited for Sugawara-san to set the ball to Hinata. Hinata-san is quick but he cannot use the quick attack without Kageyama-san so I think Kageyama-san can block it, he is a good player after all, a perfect volleyball player material. I fixed my form to receive it if Hinata-san failed to get through the block.
As I predict Hinata-san was blocked and I noticed that the opposing team is waiting to heard the sound of the ball dropping to the ground but I manage to received the ball and I look at my red arms, the ball is heavy. "I will support the back." I softly said.

Nishinoya-san look at me as if he have a stars on his eyes..? Is it star or am I hallucinating? And to my surprise Hinata-san also looked at me the same way the second year looked at me a second ago.

"Playing cool huh?" Tsukishima-san snorted making me glare at his back. He is annoying. Sugawara-san tossed the ball again and it is directed to Tsukishima-san. Tsukishima-san got pass through the block easily.

We gain the first point. I just sigh "L/N-san that was a good received" I nod at Sugawara-san and muttered a 'thank you' "Hinata-san don't be reckless-" and look at Tsukishima "Tsukishima-san work on timing and Sugawara-san that's good set but please do not hesitate" I advised and went back to my position.

We are in lead in 3 points which is good. I stayed on the back supporting them. Tsukishima is good at hitting someone nerves which made the opposing players not that concentrated and Hinata is also good on working as a decoy. Sugawara is a good setter that I think that I should praise him for that. But I wish my shy ass will not overcome my state before I could say it.

It is Kageyama-san time to serve and it sucks. We are in trouble he is a threat that will stop us from keeping going, Kageyama's serve is powerful, Tsukishima-san is not good on receiving and Hinata-san is obviously the worst one out of three.

Sugawara-san receiving is good but I think the receive will be off if he tried to receive Kageyama-san serve and it will not be good since Sugawara-san won't be on his right position to sets us.

Kageyama-san aimed his serve to Sugawara-san and as expected the receive is off and leaving Hinata no choice -who is in Sugawara's side- to connect it. And Tsukishima-san set it. I do not have a choice but to spike it.

I fix my form and jump, Tsukishima -san's set is not perfect but it is stable. I spike it and didn't expect that I put too much power. The other side I saw it, I saw the sun setting, I saw the looks they made and I saw my form.

Nishinoya-san failed to receive it leaving the whole team in shock.
"L/N-santhatwassoamazingteachme!!" Hinata said I look at Hinata like he is an alien because he speak with speed that I didn't pick up some word "I didn't expect a girl like you can jump" I look at Tsukishima, violence may be the answer I adjust my feet and kick the back of his knees making him on his knees making Tanaka snort and Nishinoya who laugh and said, "now teach me on that way L/n-san!"

They are funny.

After my spike Sugawara-san is giving me few sets and they decided that my spike is unstoppable I just exhaled and look at the score we only need one point to win and everything will end. I badly wanted to go to shower and rest and call it a day.

It is my turn to serve so I toss it and put power on it.

Today, this month is the first time I did 'total concentration breath' it is bring me back to traumatic situation but that still made me love this ability. That power can make me do everything, that serve cannot make anyone receive it without breaking any of their bone, I am not sorry for what destruction that might happen, I am pretty tired to continue this.

Ennoshita-san noise determines the winner.

Hinata jumped on me which I step side and he greeted the floor instead. I am tired please don't touch me.

Sugawara gave me a head pat which made me flinch and Daichi flash a smile to our direction.

"So L/N-san do you want to join to our club?" Daichi-san asked but he drop his grin when he heard my response. "Daichi-san your team is great and I also have fun but my answer is still no" Making the team frown in disappointment
"but.. you are so cool!!" Hinata-san exclaimed and I just shrugged.

"yes Maki you are so good you are better than me on receiving" Nishinoya-san admitted. My pride can't relate for that. Nishinoya-san is a good senpai for admitting that even though it hurts.

"I'm sorry but it is still a no but thank you for your kind.. words" I bow and look at the two manager "Kiyoko-san I will give your clothes back tomorrow" Kiyoko-san let me borrowed her clothes since I am wearing a skirt, even though I have a shorts inside of it they still won't let me play without using proper clothes.

And after that I leave on the gym and I stood on the outside of the door and finally release a sigh "they are so energetic" I said to myself.

-SECRETS-

-The team is shock on her power

-Tsukishima feel uneasy when Maki look at him eye to eye

-The team made a plan to use Hinata's brightness to persuade Maki on joining the team unfortunately it did not work even though there is a high chance since Hinata is good at it after all he managed to bring out a cat out of his shelter.