-CHAPTER 5-

(EDITED)

People say I'm quiet most of the time

If only you knew what goes on in my mind

THIRD PERSON POV

"..L/N-san..?" She look back to see the captain of the volleyball team, examining him she bow and lower her head to avoid the eye contact. 'She is really.. quiet.' He thought.

But if only Daichi knew how many words are now circulating in her head, thinking of ways to get out on the situation. "You live near here?" He asked even though he saw her from same direction of his home he still asked since it is the first time he saw her. "Yeah, you too I guess?"

She cursed on herself for asking a question that could make Daichi continue talking. Daichi hummed and smile, "it's my first time seeing you took this way." Maki pointed on the opposite direction of their location, which shows the mountain and said, "I took that way. It's a shortcut."

"Don't you think it is dangerous?"

"It's.. fine it is also.. fun"

The young man cannot be help but be concern on the other woman. It's dangerous, animals and traps can be found there, but it did not bother her since the mountain can be shortcut to anywhere, to school it can take 10 minutes from here. "Walking is good for health but mountain seems fun to use."

Daichi tilted his head on the side and wondered, 'she seems fond on that place'

"Do you mind walking with me?" Daichi suggested, he don't expect a positive answer after all he don't think Maki is that type of person, "I don't mind." She did not hesitated but still her head is lower. At their walk Daichi is stiff while Maki finally held her chin highly, she stopped walking and turn to the right side, Maki tug his clothe and suggest, "let's use that way." She referred on the mountain

No he won't, and Maki could tell it. Daichi don't want to take that kind of way but he lied, "y-yeah let's take that way."

"You don't have to lie on yourself and use it." It made him sweat drop but laugh after it. "It is fine, I'll do what you wanted after all you help out our friend." He flash a genuine smile that made her pull closer and have a thought that he is really a handsome man.

Maki gently take his hand to guide him, she is in front of him, on his perspective it is a bit embarrassing that she is more brave to take dangerous path than him but he admired her for that. A quiet but brave personality it is a charming personality. He looks on his hand and felt his cheek so hot. This is not how Daichi should act. The captain is once again flustered just because he felt her soft hand. Daichi never expect he'll experience this, more thoughts of adoration come but it ended after she speak that broke the silence.

"I took her here." He raised his eyebrows, "Kiyoko-san is quivering, she is lost.. that made me angry and upset. I never think she deserve to be treated on that way." They stop walking and Daichi could tell that even though both women only know each other for short amount, Maki already value her and respects the older woman. "I used this path so we could escape, so if it happen again use this way.. it's shorter and you can hide."

She become more loveable on his perspective. He could see she treated women as queens, a type of person that would exchange anyone for the sake of women. Her belief is amazing making him wonder if he could know her more maybe he'll discover more good things about her.

"I will use that way."

"Protect your managers."

"We will."