-CHAPTER 15-

MAKI L/N

"Luck is not on our  side, I guess." Shinobu chuckled and wrap her left hand on my arm. "You can say that." I smile at her and lean my head on top of her head and continue to walk. 

We four decided to eat again, however, none of us don't want to stand up. It's hard to be lazy but needy at the same time so we decided to pick 4 sticks and colored them red, two people who pick them will have to go out and buy them food. 

I luck out of time, maybe I dedicated my whole luck to the volleyball team.

"Are you doing well as an assistant coach?" I nod, "yes, they are great..?" Another chuckle again, "you are unsure." I shrugged, "I enjoy everything but I'm unsure." I pull her closer, "you are great at reading people. That's what makes you amazing, but it's a flaw that you don't dare to acknowledge your own emotion." 

"I don't have.. any reason to see my worth"

Anyone can see I am always underestimating myself. I never see myself high and mighty, and even if I did, that feeling will leave after I blink my eyes. I am.. not a great person compare to them.

"Shut up, Maki-san or I'll punch you so hard."

"I doubt that." I teased and put a smile just like how I set my lips when I mentioned her height, as if she remember that moment she raised her hand and hit my shoulder, and I continue "but you know I can always rely on you when I feel  this."

"You can rely on me just like before."

Ha. Just like before, Shinobu is the second person who knows my feeling to Rengoku maybe this time she can make me label these feelings toward Rengoku on this timeline. It isn't warm feeling but suffocating one. Do I resent him?

Both of us sit and wait for our order, "can you be more detailed about what happened when you met him?" Shinobu opened the topic once again. "I guess? I cannot face him and that.. hurts me"

"It hurts me too, Maki when you feel some stuff like that."

"Shinobu.. you are like therapist right now."

"I was a doctor so pretty much close, I guess" She smiled at me, more gentle and real.

"Enough about him-" She frowned after hearing my word, "do you know where Mitsuri, right now?" Shinobu tap her chin, "not at all.. I am to busy on my studies." I sigh, "I always tell to Iguro-kun to look for shop that have a lot of.. sweets."

"That's a smart move, knowing Mitsuri loves to eat sweet stuff." I lean in and look at the window on my side, oh I miss this. 

Being with my people. I love it. May time let me cherish this. 

I close my eyes and remember my old days.

-

I raised my head lower as the head of the corps continue to talk. He wasn't the strongest, I figured it out by just sensing his aura, he don't have physical strength to brag or speed, however I respected master. Kagaya Ubuyashiki can hold my sanity.

The L/N clan and Ubuyashiki family have deep connection. Each family of L/N produce great swordsman that served under the demon slayer organization. And the head of the clan, which is our family are known to continuously produce a hashira. 

Living and earning that last name is a curse. I live in luxury, but in exchange I must be the one to follow that God of Death. Training burn my body, it hurts. Killing creatures change my perspective. I received admiration and envy. 

Maybe I could have live in luxury and marry someone I don't love - which is better than fighting to survive -  If only my sister is not a coward and take a pill to purposely weaken her body. If only the oldest daughter did not run away from her responsibility and throw it away to the innocent child. 

"You will be announced as hashira, tomorrow." He informed to me, I can feel the spark of his aura, he is happy.

Two months officially part of the organization I manage to reached on this level, everyone already expected it and no one can say they are proud to me. However master is different, I am thankful.

I met good people, they are strong and they shine brightly. I met Shinobu's sister, Kocho Kanae, we were the closest I experienced wonderful things with her, she gave me a childhood I never thought I could have on my position on that time and that time I become a believer and pray everyday that she'll still be with me and may I have a sister like her on another timeline. 

On her death, I never went on her funeral. I continue receiving missions as if the Maki the hashira met are the Maki from the day one they met.

Cold as ice but cannot be melt too. Like my breath I keep my distance but never forget to guide someone who can take the path. I am not willing to change and I become unreachable. Like stars that twinkle on the sky.

"Hey," I continue sipping on my tea even after hearing a word from another person behind my back. "It's rude to ignore me. Why my sister even like to pick up rude people." 

"I heard you two are the closest but you don't even visited her, you are so disrespectful." Finally I stood up and look at her, it was Shinobu. At first I never know her personally I only heard her from Kanae's story and base on her stories... it does not makes sense.

"Shinobu Kocho." I mumbled, "I see.. you adapt her personality, it isn't healthy.. get some help." She tensed up. I was about to pass on her but she retort, "says from someone who's aura is like 'I came from coffin to show you depression and death'"

She still have a smile but she is irritated on my presence. "..you are annoying, little one."

Months passed by and I can see her a bit more, she is trying so hard to fill in the late hashira position. She trains so hard and try to get as many as possible missions to reached the highest rank in the organization. 

I raised the umbrella higher and sigh, Shinobu tensed up and stop swinging the wooden sword, it is raining and she is so wet and I had enough on her recklessness. She did not caught me sneaking behind her back to give her umbrella. "W-when did you get-" I cut her words by hitting her hands to let go the wooden sword. 

"You don't have enough power to hold this. Take a rest, call it a day, Kocho." She did not look on my direction.

Shinobu Kocho was so stubborn when she was younger and when I tried to adjust on her personality it was hard. She have sharp tongue which is something I don't appreciate at all.

"No." 

"Yes, Kocho." I took her hand and lead her on the  estate. "Call it a day and.." I sigh, "I'll help you." She was stunned.

That's the start of our relationship. We support each other in distance, she's different to her sister who try hard to change my red flags, she just stood there and try to understand my worse days, and I start to become content on person's presence. The kochos are good persons.

-

"I just realized.. that I was so bad that I can be compared on Tomioka-kun." Shinobu chuckled at me, "what do you mean darling?" I just shrugged, "I was so.. emoooo" 

"But right now I have more than combine of my 10 fingers friends!" I exclaimed, "well that's good to hear." She replied.

Shinobu and I stand up once we heard our orders from the staff, "Hey, Shinobu I am thinking.. shall we buy Wasabi and put it in one of their foods secretly." Shinobu looked at me and smile, "that will cause a mess."

"Which I look forward to." I smile once more. We laughed and we get out on the store but before I could take any step my hand reach someone's hand which surprised me too. 

I looked at my side and widened my eyes, "Mitsuri?!" 

A/N

Smells like we can finally reunite Mitsuri and Obanai hehe, sorry for not updating!! it is so hard to find motivation and I also have to finish my school tasks! This is just short chapter but I hope I can update faster. We now know why Maki's sister is a 'liar'!!