-CHAPTER 16-

Third Person Pov:

Maki and Shinobu played a theory. Whoever died first lacks memories and those who lived and survived have memories, it is like fates don't want to bury that hurtful memory.

'Who lives, who dies, who tells your story'

All of them lived to keep the fire alive, to keep the souls tattooed on their hearts.

Rengoku was the first to die. And.. it hurts her to think that he knows nothing, And those who died the same day Muzan die only need trigger to get that memory.

And maybe... that could be the reason why Iguro hesitated to look for her, he wants her, always. He's thankful to live for her, even though he is sinful she helped him but.. can he afford to make her remember unpleasant stuff. She is too good.

Iguro can always find her, he was a hashira after all, and an athlete who can easily travel because he is recognize as incredible player. But he, didn't he's too scared. And it's funny that he believes that fear is for weak.

"I shall leave." Iguro stand up

"Wanna die." Maki threatened

It's not a question, obviously. There is Mitsuri laying on Shinobu's bed, she passed out because of the 'trigger'.

"Maki." Iguro  hardened his voice, "I'll kill you if you move towards to the door." Sanemi only rolled his eyes on the boy, "stop being a bitch, you fucking reptile." Iguro glared on the taller man, Maki went to the kitchen and get a knife.

'Oh God, this is a mess' Shinobu thought. 

"Be quiet all of you or I'm the one who'll kill you." She said with a tone that no one can resist. 'yeah, the 4'11 demon'  they all thought.

Mitsuri groan softly, the other are outside waiting for her to freak out or move.

The beautiful women open her eyes and examine the place she is in, negative thoughts fill in on her little head.

'Is this kidnapped?! Oh gosh are they going to sell my organs?!" She tried to calm herself but when her eyes landed on a photograph, there are two people and they are so.. beautiful. Kochos sister are so beautiful.

She immediately went outside and hoping to see them. And a huge sigh escape from her lips and water drip, she misses the fractiom of her life.

And finally they let her in on the narrative. 

"K...kanroji" Obanai held his breath, acting as if avoiding to breath on the same room as her will make him invisible. Maki raised her eyebrow on his stupidity. "Obanai-san." She bit her lip and hesitate to move towards to the man.

Again, Maki raised her eyebrow. "I'll leave." Those words did not escape from Obanai, but from Maki and Sanemi, "we're antiromantic." Both added, "say that to me, Sanemi-san, Maki-san, once you two are together." Shinobu singsang

She flinched while he furrowed his eyebrow and have a subtle pink on his ears. 

"Take your time, darling, I think I'll leave too! Nee-san is asking for something." Shinobu smile to the both old lovers. A lie, but they need it. They need time when a wall of fate disturb their life.

-

Obanai and Mitsuri keep shifting their glances to the corner of the house. Heck maybe they already know its small details just so that their eyes won't meet! 

"h.. hello." It's quiet voice from Mitsuri, "y..you are still beautiful." She blush when he heard that and Obanai too. He cursed quietly, it is only supposed to be in his own mind and not said it out loud!

"Y.. you are beautiful too!" 

Their chest that keep tightening, that refrain them from talking and it finally stop. But the awkward atmosphere did not leave. 

"I'm.. sorry." She flinched on his words, "what for..? Iguro-san I know you have your reasons!" He felt a warm thing in his stomach, she still believes for him.

"I hesitate to looked for you.."

"But you found me."

"No, Maki and Kocho found you"

"But..." 

Iguro released a heavy sigh which made her stop, "I missed you and I am scared to hurt you." 

"You cannot hurt me."

"You don't know." He hardened his voice, he is desperate, he wants her, he loves her but he is just to scared. "no, Iguro-san you are the one who don't know. Only, I can tell what is my feelings." 

She hold his hands, "even if I have to overcome all of the trauma, all of the insecurity to meet you, I'll choose it, because.."

"I love you" They say in unison.

She let go her hand and covered her face, this is embarrassing to say, but at least they gave her a chance to let it out.

Those three words, those eight letters, that warm feelings they want it, sweet word that gives them assurance and warm feeling, like that black hole in their feelings is now fill in.

Iguro grab her hands and tightened his grip on her, "Can.. you wait for me?" She is quiet, "are you not ready?" She asked.

"No, of course not!-" He raised his voice "-I am always ready for you but" he can dive on deep water, befriend that emo boy, and do crime stuff for her, he take off his mask and smile at her, "I wanted a wedding that you'll be proud of..." Her breathing hitched.

She remembered just how she asked permission to be his bride, "Iguro.. t-thank you." She stuttered. Once again a water drip but this time his soft hand that belongs to the man he loves wipe it.

"I think we have to change the 'Mitsuri-less' nickname for Iguro-san." Shinobu give Maki a smile, "I think we should just create another group chat, Obanai will kill you."

"I'm stronger than him." Maki smiles, "And I can use Mitsuri as shield." 

"Then Obanai will fucking kill you two times, revive your ass and kill you again." Sanemi replied which made her grinned, "death sounds fucking nice."

A/N:

Just a short chapter because this chapter only goal is to reunite them and I just reunite Patroclus and Achilles too in Hades! And did I just use Hamilton reference? yes! I think I also use Achilles quote in Hades, 'fear is for weak' something like that. Hope you all enjoy this!